This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Working with ASP.net files created in VS2008 on vs2005

3 Answers 62 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Effendi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Effendi asked on 15 Oct 2010, 07:35 AM
I created a Asp.net page using VS2008 (using .Net framework 2.0) and tried opening the page on Vs2005 (both have telerik installed but the 2005 install cannot render the Ajax panel form telerik. How can I open and edit the files in Vs2005? I assume this should be possbil since I am using the 2.0 framework.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 18 Oct 2010, 11:43 AM
Hi Effendi,

Generally it is possible to open projects with VS2005, that are created with VS2008.
As I understand, you have problem with viewing the controls in the designer of the VS2005. Can you give some more information, about the page you made?

• Is your page in Web Site or Web application?
  • What errors is VS2005 showing, when try to open the design?
  • Does VS2005 show any errors, when you try to compile and run (and if yes, what are the errors)?
  • Does this problem occur, when you create the projects with VS2005?

All the best,
Vasil
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Effendi
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 19 Oct 2010, 04:21 AM
Vasil

I gave up and tried cutting and pasting the code line by line from the page to a newly created radcontrol web application. However, no matter how i tried, the Telerik controls are not rendered correctly.

Take a look at the screen shot. Any idea?
Vasil
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2010, 01:30 PM
Hi Effendi,

From the screen shot you send us, I see that the problem is not only in the designer of your Visual studio, but in rendering the site in browser.
It seems that the Cascading Style Sheets are not loading properly.

First you can try troubleshooting the Web Resources.
Try to register your CSS using RadStyleSheetManager and see if it makes any difference.
Tell us if the problem persists every time the page render on browser, or after Ajax request?
Would you send us the web.config of your site (or the whole site if you can), to check it and see where the problem is coming from?

Check the attached web application, with tab strip. We tested it here with VS2005, and we were unable to replicate the issue that you are facing. Please run this application it on your Visual Studio, and tell us if it renders properly or not.

Sincerely yours,
Vasil
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Effendi
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Vasil
Telerik team
Effendi
Top achievements
Rank 1