Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
121 views
Hi there,

we wanted to download the trial for a colleague of mine, but since yesterday the download is not available. When will it be available again, please?

Kind regards!
Fabian
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2012
4 answers
330 views
Hi 

I am using desktopalert control in my windows form. I want to know how I can redirect to a new page on clicking the desktopalert (by clicking anywhere on the desktopalert or on the captiontex or on the caption image).

Also I want to know how can I make this application which would wake up every x minutes and check our database for some condition and display the desktopalert.

Thanks
VIJESH
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2012
1 answer
1.5K+ views
HI,

I was wondering how to change background color of whole RadGridView, i'm using C#.

Cheers
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2012
1 answer
137 views
Hi Support,

I have 10 RadMaskedEditBox that use the same event handler on the KeyUp event. In my handler I need to know the name of the component it was called from.

private void radMaskedEditBox_KeyUp(object sender, KeyEventArgs e)
...

I would like to use something like that ((RadMaskedEditBox)sender).Name but it's not working since the sender is from type RadMaskedEditBoxElement and the Name property is empty.

How can I found the sender component name from the KeyUp event?

Regards,
Nadia
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2012
1 answer
152 views
Hi,

I am trying to get a RadRichTextBox to be automatically populated with the contents of a field from an Oracle database. I have set up the properties in the same way that I would for a regular Windows Forms Rich Text Box - by setting the DataBindings Text property to be the BindingSource followed by the field name.

This is working for a regular RichTextBox, however the RadRichTextBox remains empty.

I have attached a screenshot of the Properties window so you can see exactly what I've set.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Ashley
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2012
1 answer
86 views
Hello, this is a quick post to see if there's a way I can revert back to the pre-SP1 (released yesterday) appearance of the split container control.  (This project needs to go out today and I probably shouldn't have updated without leaving myself more time).  

According to the release notes:
  • FIXED: Theme settings are applied only to the first SplitterElement.
  • FIXED: The image set for the grip of the splitters is not shown for all splitters.

I wasn't using a specific theme (default), and the splitter was a blue color (on my system) without a grip (they are fixed panels).  Now it is gray with a grip.

Given more time, I'm sure I could find the properties, but if you could help, I'd appreciate it!!

Thanks,
Dan
Boryana
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Dec 2012
6 answers
1.1K+ views
I have a datetime picker that has a time format.
I'm wondering if it is possible to:

1. remove the seconds part, so it would only be HH:MM AM/PM?

2. limit the time that can be chosen (e.g. 8 AM to 5 PM)

2. set the interval of increasing and decreasing the Minutes part to 30 instead of 1?


EDIT:

Nevermind Question # 1.

CustomFormat in the properties gets the job done.
Peter
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Dec 2012
4 answers
331 views
Hi,

I am using Telerik for Winforms version 2012.3.1017.40.  I am using a RadGridView control to display some data.

The following is always true:
- First columns is a date
- All other columns are numeric
- I do not know at design time how many other columns there will be
- The data is at regular intervals (e.g. each row is a 2 minute step)

I am trying to achieve the following functionality:
For each cell value cell:
    Determine value
    Determine Previous Value
    If difference greater than 5:
        backcolour = green
    else if difference less than -5:
        backcolour = red

The 'previous value' cannot necessarily look at the previous row, I do not know what custom sorting the user will have done.  Rather the previous value should be taken from the row at the previous  point in time (according to the first column(date)).

I could achieve this by querying the underlying datasource (a DataTable) on the CellFormatting event, but can't help wandering if there is an easier way!

Thanks for any assistance.
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2012
1 answer
129 views
We are using  RadControls for WinForms Q3 2009 SP1.
In gridview control , we are using GroupByExpressions to club datas together.
When we try to insert a row at custom location  , it works weird .Instead of inserting a row at custom location, it puts a row in new group.
See the attachment files for more details.

Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2012
1 answer
179 views
I am able to change the font but not the backcolor.  The line that sets the color is indeed being executed (e.RowElement.BackColor = ....) but the color does not change.  What am I failing to do?

void grid_RowFormatting(object sender, Telerik.WinControls.UI.RowFormattingEventArgs e)
        {
            try
                {
                 
                    if ((grid.MasterTemplate.Columns.Contains("colARRIVE")) && (grid.MasterTemplate.Columns.Contains("colDEPART")))
                    {
 
                        if ((TimeSpan)e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells["colARRIVE"].Value == (TimeSpan) e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells["colDEPART"].Value)
                        {
                            e.RowElement.Font = new Font(e.RowElement.Font, FontStyle.Strikeout);
                        }
                        else
                        {
                            e.RowElement.Font = new Font(e.RowElement.Font, FontStyle.Regular);
                        }
 
                    }
 
                    if (e.RowElement.RowInfo.Cells["colSRC"].Value.ToString() == "O")
                    {
                        e.RowElement.BackColor = System.Drawing.Color.AliceBlue;
                    }
 
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
 
            }
        }
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Dec 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?