Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
302 views
Hi,

I have conditional formatting rules on a parent grid that are defined as expression types 

New ExpressionFormattingObject ("COL1",Expression:="COL2 = 1", etc.)

The compare data is in a different column than the formatting. This works OK for the Grid.MasterTemplate.Columns.

I also have identical rules defined for Grid.MasterTemplate.Templates(0).Columns, however the styling does not get applied for these rows on the child grid. If I change the child rules to be ConditionalFormattingObject type as:

New ConditionalFormattingObject ("COL1", Equals, Value:="1", etc.)

the styles are applied correctly. I can't do this though as the data item is in a different column than the formatting. (test against COL1, style COL2)

Is there something I need to do to get the expression rules to format correctly?

Many thanks,

Mark.
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Dec 2012
0 answers
105 views
I had created a radTree binded with sqldatabase
node creation,deletion etc are working fine
Table is like this
Table 1
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Node0] (
[Node0ID] INT IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL,
[NodeID] INT NULL,
[Node0Name] TEXT NULL,
[Node0Note] TEXT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ([Node0ID] ASC)
);

Table 2
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Node1] (
[Node1ID] INT IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL,
[Node0ID] INT NULL,
[Node1Name] TEXT NULL,
[Node1Note] TEXT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ([Node1ID] ASC)
);
Table 3
CREATE TABLE [dbo].[Node2] (
[Node2ID] INT IDENTITY (1, 1) NOT NULL,
[Node1ID] INT NULL,
[Node2Name] TEXT NULL,
[Node2Note] TEXT NULL,
PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED ([Node2ID] ASC)
);

i want to access Node2Note (value of Node2Note for the selected node)when i clicked a node corresponding to it.Any way?
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Dec 2012
2 answers
143 views
I had binded rad tree with an sql database.it is showing nodes perfectly.Using default context menu i add more nodes to the tree.how to save these newly added nodes back to data base like method provided to update scheduler when it is attached to a databse
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 26 Dec 2012
1 answer
280 views
I'm not understanding why it fails to update in another thread correctly if the process is running fast. Example

If I do this, this will freeze the progress bar until its completed. It will get to a certain spot then stop.
radProgressBar2.Maximum = 1500;
for (var i = 1; i < 1500; i++)
{
    var p = i;
    radProgressBar2.Value1 = p;
    Thread.Sleep((int)numericUpDown1.Value);
}
radProgressBar2.Value1 = 0;
radProgressBar2.Text = "Task Completed!";


If i do this 

radProgressBar1.Maximum = 1500;
for (var i = 1; i < 1500; i++)
{
    var p = i;
    radProgressBar1.SafeInvoke(() => radProgressBar1.Value1 = p, false);
    Thread.Sleep((int) numericUpDown1.Value);
}


using a custom invoke it works just fine. I dont understand why it doesnt work correctly with the build in feature. This is also happening on the status progress bar as well.. Here is a quick app source.

Also it seems to work with the built in features using Win7 or above, Its freezing on windows xp sp3 


Edit: Never mind i can not attach rar, or .zip to this thread. 

Uploading a video to demonstrate.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Dec 2012
3 answers
128 views

In my properties window I see two GridViewTemplates:

  • GridViewTemplate1
  • GridViewTemplate2

GridViewTemplate2 is not associated with either RadGridView controlsI have on the page. Is there a way to delete this orphaned GridViewTemplate without going into the designer.vb code (I only do that as a last resort)?

Thanks.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Dec 2012
2 answers
181 views
Hi,

I'm using Telerik.WinControls.GridView version 2012.1.321.20.
I have a GridView with a GridViewComboBoxColumn, and the problem I have is that when the box is open and I click on the scroll square- than it's like the focus is out and the comboBox is closed (it's like freezing for 2 seconds and than closing...).

Also, I'm using the next definitions, as you recommended before:
public class CustomDropDownListEditor : RadDropDownListEditor
{
    protected override RadElement CreateEditorElement()
    {
        return new CustomDropDownListEditorElement();
    }
}
  
public class CustomDropDownListEditorElement : RadDropDownListEditorElement
{
    protected override RadPopupControlBase CreatePopupForm()
    {
        this.Popup = new CustomDropDownPopupForm(this);
        this.Popup.VerticalAlignmentCorrectionMode = AlignmentCorrectionMode.SnapToOuterEdges;
        this.Popup.SizingMode = this.DropDownSizingMode;
        this.Popup.Height = this.DropDownHeight;
        this.Popup.HorizontalAlignmentCorrectionMode = AlignmentCorrectionMode.Smooth;
        this.Popup.RightToLeft = this.RightToLeft ? System.Windows.Forms.RightToLeft.Yes : System.Windows.Forms.RightToLeft.Inherit;
  
        this.WirePopupFormEvents(this.Popup);
        return Popup;
    }
}
  
public class CustomDropDownPopupForm : DropDownPopupForm
{
    public CustomDropDownPopupForm(RadDropDownListElement owner): base(owner) {}
          
    public override string ThemeClassName
    {
        get { return typeof(DropDownPopupForm).FullName; }
        set {}
    }
  
    public override void ClosePopup(PopupCloseInfo info)
    {           
        base.ClosePopup(info);
        if (info.CloseReason == RadPopupCloseReason.Keyboard)
        {
            ((RadGridView)this.OwnerElement.ElementTree.Control).EndEdit();
        }
    }
  
    protected override void OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
    {
        base.OnMouseUp(e);           
        ((RadGridView)this.OwnerElement.ElementTree.Control).EndEdit();
    }
}
 
You should handle the EditorRequired event to replace the editor:
void radGridView1_EditorRequired(object sender, EditorRequiredEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.EditorType == typeof(RadDropDownListEditor))
    {
        e.EditorType = typeof(CustomDropDownListEditor);
    }
}

What should I do in order to not loose the focus when click on scrolling? I need the user to scroll up/doun and choose another option from the list.

I'm attaching an image of my comboBox.

Thanks,
Hila.

Elad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Dec 2012
4 answers
368 views
Hello,

I use a Rad DateTimePicker in a certain application. What I want to achieve is to get the date that the user selects, along with the time of course, and send those using JScript to an asmx webservice as one of its arguments. What I did was that I sent the datetime as string from the JScript file and in the webservice I tried to parse that string back to datetime format using convert.todatetime method and I tried several other conversion methods but my problem was always one; and that is the string that's being sent is not recognized as a correct "convertible" datetime.

I debugged, and it's always sent as, for example, "2012-12-13-08-02-05" [this corresponds to 13/12/2012 08:02:05]. As you can see, this string really is not in one of the acceptable formats that the parsing methods accept.

I tried to change the input dateformat of the datetimepicker and it does change but only in displaying; it does not change in the string according to what I want [I mean the format I set is reflected on display only and not on save]. 

I'd really appreciate your help, thank you.
Diana
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Dec 2012
3 answers
135 views
Hi, i'm trying to do the Drag and Drop like the demo, but my first listbox it's conected with my dataset and when I do the drag and drop, gives me this error:

Data bound items can not be removed. Remove items from the data source instead.

If you can explain to me how to fix this. Thank You.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2012
1 answer
189 views

For those who might want to use this, I have created a quick sample on how to use linq to create dynamic series for chartview:

Example is created in VS2010 / VB.NET 

Make sure you import:
System.Data.DataSetExtensions.dll
to use linq.

Me.RadChartView1.ShowLegend = True
Me.RadChartView1.ShowTitle = True
Me.RadChartView1.Title = "Sold products per country"
 
        Dim graphSeries As New DataTable()
 
        graphSeries.Columns.Add("Category", GetType(String))
        graphSeries.Columns.Add("Value", GetType(Integer))
        graphSeries.Columns.Add("XValue", GetType(String))
 
 
        graphSeries.Rows.Add("Netherlands", 10, "2011")
        graphSeries.Rows.Add("USA", 12, "2011")
        graphSeries.Rows.Add("Germany", 7, "2011")
        graphSeries.Rows.Add("Netherlands", 25, "2012")
        graphSeries.Rows.Add("USA", 40, "2012")
        graphSeries.Rows.Add("Germany", 25, "2012")
 
       Dim productGroups = From p In graphSeries _
       Group p By Category = p.Field(Of String)("Category") Into Group _
                        Select Category, ProductGroup = Group
 
        For Each g In productGroups
            Dim barSeries As New Telerik.WinControls.UI.BarSeries("Value", "Category")
            barSeries.Name = g.Category
            barSeries.ValueMember = "Value"
            barSeries.CategoryMember = "XValue"
            barSeries.ShowLabels = True
            barSeries.LegendTitle = g.Category
            Me.RadChartView1.Series.Add(barSeries)
            barSeries.CombineMode = Telerik.Charting.ChartSeriesCombineMode.Stack
            barSeries.DataSource = g.ProductGroup.CopyToDataTable
 
        Next
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2012
1 answer
185 views
I have set bmp images on commandbar buttons on the commandbar strip element. But, the images area not showing transparent..
Please find the attachments
Anton
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Dec 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?