This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Where is RadChart in VS2010 Toolbox.

9 Answers 266 Views
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
This question is locked. New answers and comments are not allowed.
Paul Patterson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Paul Patterson asked on 13 Jul 2010, 04:25 PM
I can't seem to get the RadChart into a VS2010 toolbox. I'm using Q1 2010 SP2, and Q2 2010 Beta Winform controls in a .net 4 project.

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Dwight
Telerik team
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 08:56 AM
Hi Paul,

VS2010 by default selects .NET Framework 4 (client profile) when creating a new application. Since we do not support the Client Profile yet you will experience problems using either .NET3.5 Client Profile or .NET4 Client Profile. In this case our controls will be invisible in the VS Toolbox and will be visible if another version of framework (a full version) is selected. Our controls target .Net Framework 2 where there is no Client Profile version. I would suggest changing the Framework version to a non-client profile one.

All the best,
Joshua
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Paul Patterson
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 15 Jul 2010, 02:27 PM
Thanks Joshua,

Is there a timeline for when Telerik will support the .NET 4 Client profile in VS2010 WinForm projects?

I updated the target framework to the full .NET 4 framework, and all is good now. I can see and use the RadChart control from the VS2010 toolbox.

For those who may find themselves in a similar situation, to change the target framework:

VB.Net Projects
  1. Right-click the solution project and select Properties (or double click My Project)
  2. Select the Compile tab in the properties dialog.
  3. Click the Advanced Compile Options... button (lower left of window)
  4. Select ".NET Framework 4" (not ".NET Framework 4 Client Profile") in the Target framework (all configurations): drop down.
  5. Click OK, and then save.

C# Projects
  1. Double-click the Properties item of the project.
  2. Select the Application tab, if it isn't already.
  3. Select ".NET Framework 4" (not ".NET Framework 4 Client Profile") in the Target framework drop down.
  4. Save

F# Projects
  1. Right-click the solution project and select Properties 
  2. Select the Application tab, if it isn't already.
  3. Select ".NET Framework 4" (not ".NET Framework 4 Client Profile") in the Target framework drop down.
  4. Save

Cheers,

Paul
Dwight
Telerik team
answered on 20 Jul 2010, 06:09 AM
Hello Paul,

First, I have to thank you for the additional information provided.

Currently, I am not aware of any time-frame for providing support for the .NET Framework 4 Client Profile, but it is definitely in our short-term plans.

Best,
Joshua
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Melvin
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 27 Aug 2010, 05:08 PM
Thank you very much for the help. Paul Patterson.

I was really desperate because I was not showing the button in the toolbox.

They were grateful for the help, but it should put a note in the user manual.

greetings to all
Mohammad Reza
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 24 Jan 2012, 05:37 PM
thank you very much for help
Jason
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 31 Oct 2012, 04:07 PM
Even switching from Client Profile to non-Client doesn't make the RadChart appear for me. Any other suggestions?

I've tried Framework 2, 3, 3.5, and 4 and none of them gives me access to the RadChart control.
Stefan
Telerik team
answered on 01 Nov 2012, 08:56 AM
Hi,

Thank you for writing.

In Q22012 RadChart has been removed from the toolbox, however it is still part of our suite and can be used. To show it in the toolbox you should create a new class containing the following code:

[ToolboxItem(true)]
public class MyRadChart : RadChart
{

}

Once you build your project, the control will appear in your toolbox and you will be able to use it with all its design time features.

Nonetheless, please have in mind that RadChart is considered a deprecated control. Throughout the years we have identified a number of limitations and deficiencies in this control. To address them we have designed RadChartView - a new control that replies on a completely different chart engine. RadChartView is still under development, however, we will do our best to introduce the same set of functionality and features as soon as possible. The fact that RadChartView and RadChart stand upon on different engines implies that there is not a straightforward migration path from one to the other. In general we encourage you to use the new RadChartView control for any new project development that you are starting now.

More information is available here: http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/chartview-radchartview-vs.-radchart.html

Greetings,
Stefan
the Telerik team
Q3’11 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.
Guillaume
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Nov 2012, 12:48 AM
RadChartView is missing a few important things, like Empty (missing) values support
Boryana
Telerik team
answered on 23 Nov 2012, 09:25 AM
Hello Guillaume JAY,

Thank you for contacting us. 

I have logged a null value support feature request to our Public Issue Tracker under ID 13549. To vote for it and subscribe for status updates follow this link: http://www.telerik.com/support/pits.aspx#/public/winforms/13549. We will do our best to implement the feature in a future release. Your Telerik points have been updated for this request.

Let us know what other features you would like to have in RadChartView.

Regards,
Boryana
the Telerik team
Q3’12 of RadControls for WinForms is available for download (see what's new). Get it today.
Tags
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
Asked by
Paul Patterson
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Dwight
Telerik team
Paul Patterson
Top achievements
Rank 1