Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
232 views
Hello,

I am using ThemeResolutionService to apply theme of entire application.
But there is a special area on certain form of my application and I want to use a custom theme for that special area (RadPanel).

But when I use a ThemeResolutionService, this approach overrides my custom theme for that RadPanel.
Is there any way to achieve this goal? 
Thanks.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Apr 2013
5 answers
243 views
Hello,

I have made a custom GridDataCellElement, following the custom cell documentation. I wish to change the color of the indicator when the value of my Cell is set (SetContentCore) but the theme (Office2010Silver) value are always here.

I think I miss something but what ?
Private Class ProcessProgressionColumn
            Inherits GridViewDataColumn
 
            Public Sub New(ByVal UniqueName As String, ByVal fieldName As String)
                MyBase.New(UniqueName, fieldName)
            End Sub
 
            Public Overrides Function GetCellType(row As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowInfo) As System.Type
                If TypeOf row Is GridViewDataRowInfo Then
                    Return GetType(ProcessProgressionCellElement)
                End If
                Return MyBase.GetCellType(row)
            End Function
        End Class
 
        Private Class ProcessProgressionCellElement
            Inherits GridDataCellElement
 
            Public Sub New(ByVal column As GridViewColumn, ByVal row As GridRowElement)
                MyBase.New(column, row)
            End Sub
 
            Protected Overrides ReadOnly Property ThemeEffectiveType As System.Type
                Get
                    Return GetType(GridDataCellElement)
                End Get
            End Property
 
            Public Overrides Function IsCompatible(data As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewColumn, context As Object) As Boolean
                Return TypeOf data Is ProcessProgressionColumn AndAlso TypeOf context Is GridDataRowElement
            End Function
 
            Private StateProgress As RadProgressBarElement
 
            Protected Overrides Sub CreateChildElements()
                MyBase.CreateChildElements()
 
                StateProgress = New RadProgressBarElement() With {.Maximum = 4}
                Me.Children.Add(StateProgress)
            End Sub
 
            Protected Overrides Sub SetContentCore(ByVal value As Object)
                If value IsNot Nothing AndAlso value IsNot DBNull.Value Then
                    Me.StateProgress.Value1 = If(value > 0, value, 0)
                    Me.StateProgress.Value2 = If(value < 0, Me.StateProgress.Maximum, 0)
                    Me.StateProgress.Text = helper.GetDescription(CType(value, Process_Prospection.StatuProspection))
                    Me.StateProgress.IndicatorElement1.BackColor = If(value <> 4, Color.FromArgb(153, 238, 158), Color.FromArgb(153, 225, 238))
                    Me.StateProgress.IndicatorElement1.BackColor2 = If(value <> 4, Color.FromArgb(8, 208, 4), Color.FromArgb(4, 187, 208))
                    Me.StateProgress.IndicatorElement1.BackColor3 = If(value <> 4, Color.FromArgb(4, 208, 51), Color.FromArgb(4, 159, 208))
                    Me.StateProgress.IndicatorElement1.BackColor4 = If(value <> 4, Color.FromArgb(160, 238, 153), Color.FromArgb(153, 219, 238))
                End If
            End Sub
        End Class
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Apr 2013
2 answers
251 views
All,

What is the best way to color a hyperlink column in the RadGridView during runtime?  For example, I want to change the default color, the visited color, mouse over, etc.

Thanks,

Paul
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 05 Apr 2013
12 answers
530 views
I've added a StartMenu with menu items to a RibbonBar.

The problem is that I see an Options and Exit button in my menu and would like to NOT have them there.  I can't find where to remove these two button items.

Thanks...
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2013
1 answer
132 views
Is it possible that the screen tip right to left is CaptionLabel
Ali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Apr 2013
0 answers
86 views
how I change font filter dialog in radgridview
Ali
Top achievements
Rank 1
 asked on 04 Apr 2013
1 answer
269 views
First of I'm not sure if this belongs in the Winforms or Reporting Forums, so I apologize if its in the wrong area.

I have just recently purchased telerik to use in my applications and that being said i would like to keep my application mainly using telerik controls eliminating Infragistics and Crystal Reports. I am currently working with Telerik Reporting and have a designed a simple report and created a radform with the reportviewer to load the report however in the past I am used to using the following for loading a crytal report.
DateTime StartDate;
            DateTime EndDate;
            BuildDate(cboDate.Text, out StartDate, out EndDate);
            if (cboDate.Text == "Range")
            {
                StartDate = new DateTime(dtpStart.Value.Year, dtpStart.Value.Month, dtpStart.Value.Day, 0, 0, 0);
                EndDate = new DateTime(dtpEnd.Value.Year, dtpEnd.Value.Month, dtpEnd.Value.Day, 23, 59, 59);
            }
 
            using (ProductionService service = new ProductionService())
            {
                DataTable results = service.Report_BillingReport(StartDate, EndDate);
                results.TableName = "BillingReport";
                //results.WriteXmlSchema("C:\\ESS\\ESSProduction\\Reports\\DataSet\\Billingreport.xsd");
                 
 
                Reports.BillingReport water = new Reports.BillingReport();
                water.Load();
                water.SetDataSource(results);
 
                frmReport rpt = new frmReport();
                rpt.LoadedReport = water;
                rpt.StartDate = StartDate;
                rpt.EndDate = EndDate;
                rpt.ShowDialog();
            }

 

now i do not believe that i need to set the data source on the click event because the report itself has been attached to the openaccess entity object as will all of the reports. However I am trying to figure out how to use a single reportviewer that has been created for opening multiple different reports I.E. Setting the reportsource for the reportviewer at the click_event and then showing the viewer. Currently where i have my code after reviewing multiple different posts and tutorials mostly for web based applications i have come to the following code:

private void radLabel1_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
    Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource instanceReportSource = new Telerik.Reporting.InstanceReportSource();
    instanceReportSource.ReportDocument = new Reports.JobStatusReport();
 
    Reports.ReportViewer f = new Reports.ReportViewer();
    f.Show();
}

 

Thanks in advance for the help.

Stef
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2013
7 answers
667 views
We have some users who are occasionally receiving the following error message. There's a few radio buttons on one of the screens in our application, and when the user clicks a radio button, it triggers a new datasource to load into the radgrid. Most of the time it works fine... I'm not sure from the error message what might be going wrong on occasion. Any insight is appreciated.

The version of Telerik.WinControls we're currently using is 8.2.0.0.


Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.

at System.Collections.ArrayList.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElementCollection.RadElementEnumerator.MoveNext()
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowElement.DisposeChildren(RadElementCollection children)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowElement.Dispose(Boolean disposing)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadComponentElement.Dispose()
at Telerik.WinControls.RadElement.Cleanup()
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridTableBodyElement.CleanupRows()
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridTableElement.Update(GridUINotifyAction action, GridViewRowInfo[] rowInfos)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewTemplate.UpdateUI(GridUINotifyAction action, GridViewRowInfo[] rowInfos)
at Telerik.WinControls.Data.DataAccessComponent.UpdateAll(GridUINotifyAction action, GridViewRowInfo[] rowInfos)
at Telerik.WinControls.Data.DataAccessComponent.InitDataOnly()
at Telerik.WinControls.Data.DataAccessComponent.Bind(Object dataSource, String dataMember)
at Telerik.WinControls.Data.DataAccessComponent.set_DataSource(Object value)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.set_DataSource(Object value)
at PARTS.ucMenuOrders.rdoOrderSelection_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in C:\sandbox\PARTSFinderSolution-4.0.0\PartsFinder\ucMenuOrders.cs:line 730
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Apr 2013
1 answer
159 views
Hi 

I have the following problem when copying a timestamp cell value in gridview.
The cell value looks like this - "02-04-2013 12:05:06"
After i copy the cell value to clipboard the result is this: "02-04-2013 12:05" (My seconds is missing)

I have used 

radMobilityGrid.Columns[0].FormatString = "{0: dd-MM-yyyy HH:mm:ss}";

to format my column correctly

Can anyone please help me, so that seconds (and milliseconds) will be included when i copy to clipboard?

Kinds regards

/Kristian Theilade

Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2013
1 answer
228 views
Hi,

We have implemented Excel like Formatting on the RADGridView.Now we need to provide for filter on Group column and that to it should support comma separated values.Please help.

Thanks
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Apr 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?