Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
415 views

How to Invoke best fit column by programmatically,
I tried all below but no success

 

 

 


RP_Grid.PivotGridElement.BestFitHelper.BestFitColumn(New PivotGroupNode(RP_Gri)
RP_Grid.PivotGridElement.BestFitHelper..BestFitRowHeaders()
RP_Grid.PivotGridElement.BestFitHelper.BestFitRowHeaders(2)
RP_Grid.PivotGridElement.BestFitHelper.BestFitRowHeaders(1)
RP_Grid.PivotGridElement.BestFitHelper.BestFitColumns()

 

Please help me on this.Very urgent

 

 

 

 

 

 

Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2013
5 answers
102 views
Hello,

I have a table in a MySQL database that is getting hit via a Stored Procedure inside of a MySQL database.  The column type is a BIT(1) which according to the MySQL documentation is the correct way to implement a Boolean field into the database.  I don't really want to hard code the columns in to allow for some flexibility.  I would hate to have to update this GUI every time I add something new to the database.

I went to one of the BIT columns that are located in the RadGridView and it appears to be an Numeric column because the range of accepted values is -79228162514264337593543950335 to 79228162514264337593543950335.   Not to sound like a wise guy, but putting anything other than 0 or 1 into a BIT(1) column will cause the database to have an aneurysm.

Any help is much appreciated.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2013
2 answers
124 views
Hello,

I created a new combobox class and used the RadDropDownList as base class, but when I override the CreateDropDownListElement function and return my own element, a black border appears:

public class TestComboBox : RadDropDownList
    {
        public override string ThemeClassName
        {
            get
            {
                return typeof(RadDropDownList).FullName;
            }
            set
            {
                base.ThemeClassName = value;
            }
        }
 
        protected override RadDropDownListElement CreateDropDownListElement()
        {
            //return base.CreateDropDownListElement();
            return new TestElement(this);
        }
    }
 
    public class TestElement : RadDropDownListElement
    {
        public TestElement()
        {
            //
        }
 
        public TestElement(object owner)
            : base(owner)
        {
            //
        }
 
    }

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2013
2 answers
155 views
Hi,

we have a localization problem. We have done the localization of the grid view. But now we have the following behaviour: The user starts the application the first language. As requested by the customer, the layout of the grid will be automatically saved. Now the user changes the language. The application starts and loads the layout, and everything is translated into the new language except the columns, because they are read from the layout file in the old language.

What is the right strategy to deal with this problem?

Thanks,
Michael
xclirion
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jul 2013
1 answer
218 views
Hello,

I'm trying to use the RadTrackBar with Range mode, but I cannot access the values of the two ranges. I see in the documentation that I must use Ranges_CollectionChanged, but I don't understand how to access this function.

Do you have any example how to use two ranges.

Thank you,
Eduard
George
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2013
4 answers
188 views
Hi,
please is there any way to reach result attached in the second picture programatically ? The tab is aligned to bottom.

1) I would need to get close button to the right of the tab name
2) I would need to get rid of close button at one tab.

First picture describes current state. Second picture shows my wish.

Thanks
Dudu
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 24 Jul 2013
3 answers
341 views
RadControls for WinForms Q2 2010 / 2010.2.10.071

I am trying to set the Font for the list elements of a drop down list. I am able to set the font using the Properties window but the setting does not effect the list elements when the application is run. At run time, the application creates an array of RadListDataItem which is used as the data source. I have also tried setting the Font property of the individual RadListDataItems.

Setting the font for the DropDownList works correctly for the text box associated with the list.

Thanks,
Scott
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
1 answer
205 views
If a property grid combo editor is double clicked to start an edit the value will cycle through the available values.

Here is a really simple code example for this.  If you just double click to start the edit on the MyEnum field you will notice that the value will keep changing every time you start the edit.

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Threading.Tasks;
using System.Windows.Forms;
 
namespace PropertyGridTest
{
    public partial class Form1 : Form
    {
        MyObject theObject = new MyObject();
 
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
 
            theObject.MyEnum = MyEnum.One;
            theObject.Name = "test";
            radPropertyGrid1.SelectedObject = theObject;
        }
    }
 
    public enum MyEnum { One, Two, Three, Four, Five };
 
    public class MyObject
    {
        public string Name { get; set; }
        public MyEnum MyEnum { get; set; }
 
        public MyObject() { }
    }
}
George
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
1 answer
121 views
Hello all,

I'm currently trialing both the Winform and Reporting suites and have been very impressed. I have however come across some unwanted behaviour which I think is probably a bug.

The problem comes when you populate the AutoCompleteBox and start a search returning enough results to need the scrollbar. When clicking and dragging the scroll bar to scroll - if the cursor is not positioned directly over the scrollbar at the time you release the mouseclick, the dropdown list is closed an item is added to the selection.

If I encounter a problem like the above after purchasing the Telerik tools how long does it take to normally find a solution? I'm basically looking for confirmation I wouldn't have to wait for a Quarterly update.

Many Thanks.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
1 answer
159 views
Hi,

When I have a few instances of the RadTextBox on a Form, and pressing Shift+Tab I have to press it twice to get the focus to the previous textbox. Pressing Tab only to get the focus to the next textbox works fine.

Best regards.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Jul 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?