Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
186 views
Hi,
I have a data source which is a BindingList<Project> where Project is a class containing a Parent and a Children properties (as well as other properties like Id, Name, Description etc). The Parent property is of type Project and the Children property is of type BindingList<Project>. Suppose i don't know in advance the depth of this hierarchy, how can i configure the GridView to display it right? I couldn't find any useful demo, are there any that concern my issue?

Thanks ahead,
Uri

---------------------------------------------------
I figured it out!
I've added a ParentId property to the Project class and added a self reference to the gridview's relations collection:
this.radGridView1.Relations.AddSelfReference(this.radGridView1.MasterTemplate, "Id", "ParentId");
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jul 2013
4 answers
324 views
Hello,

I can't seem to figure this error out.  When I add the code below to the code for my main form it will throw the exception "An error occurred creating the form. See Exception.InnerException for details.  The error is: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

The form is to manage a series of applications I have been creating.  The grid view shows a list of banned users and allows for Editing of the records as well as showing them.  I have a few text boxes that act as a form so when a row is selected, data is shown there.
Private Sub Bans_Grid_CurrentRowChanged(sender As Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.CurrentRowChangedEventArgs) Handles Bans_Grid.CurrentRowChanged
Bans_Name_txt.Text = e.CurrentRow.Cells.Item(3).Value.ToString  'It breaks on this line.
End Sub

I know its this line because if I comment it out the form loads perfectly fine.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Jul 2013
1 answer
236 views
I was wondering how an images text could be put underneath the image (its currently in a horizontal orientation).  The code I have below is not doing the trick and I was hoping you could help on this, should be a quick solution.  Thank you for your time.

private void addEmptyImages()
        {
            for (int i = 0; i < imagelistPictures.Images.Count; i++)
            {
                if (imagelistPictures.Images[i] != null)
                {
                    ListViewDataItem item = new ListViewDataItem();
                    item.Tag = "Delay Render";
                    item.Text = "Page " + (i + 1).ToString();
                    item.Image = Properties.Resources.imageLoading;
                    item.ImageAlignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter;
                    item.TextAlignment = ContentAlignment.TopLeft;
                    listviewGotoPage.Items.Add(item);
                }
                else
                {
                    MessageBox.Show("contents of initial list are null, break");
                    break;
                }
                 
            }
        }
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2013
15 answers
321 views
Positioning of components on RadPageView works different on different systems - see attached screenshots.

I'm developing on Windows 7. 3 buttons have anchor set to right-bottom.

On Server 2012 vertical positioning is bad.
On Windows 8 both vertical and horizontal positioning are bad - you don't see any of 3 buttons.

From time to time also RadPageView vertical size changes on itself to be bigger that the form itself and so you don't see whole RadPageView.
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2013
4 answers
340 views
Hi Telerik Team,

I am using hierarchy grid, in which I am setting the datasource as a dataset. In the dataset I have almost 250 rows in the main grid and more than 20,000 under each of these 250 rows as child rows. My problem is if I expand the first row and use filtering row to filter in the first child grid to filter the rows according to the given criteria. It filters for all of the child rows according to the same criteria.

I want to change this behaviour that if I am searching data in a specific child grid it should limit only to that child grid not all of them.

Please advice how can I achieve this behaviour.

Many thanks,

Sheraz
Paul
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Jul 2013
1 answer
178 views
1. Create a Tree View with the Visual Studio 2012 Light them.
2. Add multiple nodes to the tree
3. Select the first node
4. While hovering the selected first node with the mouse press the down arrow to select the next node
5. The text of the first node will stay white while the hover background will also be white making the text seem like it vanishes.

See attached image.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
1 answer
222 views
Hi ,
I have a problem.
I want to hide radribbon group bar in code behind according to user roles
I applied this technique : 
RadribbonGroupbarControl.visible = false;

It works but hide all Radribbon Groupbar Controls , but after clicking between two tabs for a while it`s appear again.
Thanks In Advance. 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
3 answers
969 views
Hello,

I have a form with multiple grids on it. I NO visualization of the selected rows and cells if the grid does not have the focus.
I tried to use the HideSelection property, but that seems only to hide selection of selected text when a cell is in edit mode. I would expect that applies to the selected rows and cells.
I found this tread http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/gridview/disable-cell-highlighting-row-only-selection.aspx using the row and/or cell formatting events. But that's not exactly what I want.
Can you provide me with an example of which properties to set?

Regards, Jaap
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
13 answers
257 views
Dear support team
I used  http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/scheduler-data-binding-binding-to-business-objects.html link to impemelent appointment. 
I do not know how to load data and edit them.
I search in example but Binding Example did not answer my requirement.
Please guide me  on that!
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
10 answers
255 views
I have an Hierarchy GridView with two levels.  In the child gridview I want to Add a New Row, however I need to set some default values in the row, so I have used the DefaultValuesNeeded event to populate the new row with the required defaults.

This works well within one child view, however if I move to a different child view and try to Add a New Row, the DefaultValuesNeeded function fails with an error - NullReferenceException was unhandled.  This error is coming from the e.row.cells().value.

Here is the code that both works and fails:

Private Sub rgvVoucherServices_DefaultValuesNeeded(ByVal sender As Object, _  
        ByVal e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewRowEventArgs) _  
        Handles rgvVoucherServices.DefaultValuesNeeded  
        If TypeOf (rgvVoucherServices.CurrentRow) Is GridViewNewRowInfo Then 
            With e.Row  
                .Cells("ELS_ELVKey").Value = rgvVoucherServices.CurrentRow.ViewInfo.ParentRow.Cells("ELV_Key").Value  
                .Cells("ELS_LastUpdAction").Value = "I" 
                .Cells("ELS_LastUpdBy").Value = GlobalParameters("UserKey")  
                .Cells("ELS_LastUpdWhen").Value = Now  
            End With 
        End If 
    End Sub 

Is there a problem with the way that I have implemented this method?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Jul 2013
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?