Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
6 answers
174 views
I am currently building a theme, based on the supplied Metro. I'm pretty sure this wasn't an issue in the previous version of the Winforms controls, but under the latest version (Q1 2014), I'm having an issue with the background colour of the QuickAccess bar. 

When located in the window title, the caption bar it coloured correctly.


However, when located below the ribbon, I want the bar that goes the full length of the window to be a different shade. To achieve this, I've changed the background colour of RadRibbonBar-RadRibbonBarElement-RadRibbonBarElement. This colours the strip correctly, but unfortunately, when the QuickAccess bar goes below the ribbon there is also an artefact in the application icon.


Is this a bug or am I missing a background setting elsewhere?

Cheers
Jason
George
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Mar 2014
1 answer
113 views
hello, how can i save dates from the scheduler/reminder into my database and also set the calender in the scheduler to load the dates from my very own database in c#.
George
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2014
2 answers
123 views
Hey!

We have just updated to latest version of Telerik (Q1 2014). After the update, we noticed wierd issue with radsplitbutton's graphics (screenshot).
We are using our own theme based on office2010Silver. No matter which theme I used, the issue was still  in there (Control default, office 2010 silver, our own theme). Is there any solution for this issue?


Thx,
Toni Hämeenniemi
George
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2014
3 answers
240 views
Hi, the labels on the x-axis go goofy when you rotate them.  Is there any work around to this, way to "align" them to the left/top, or any hope that it will be addressed in a future release? (attached)

Thank you
Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Mar 2014
3 answers
179 views
Hello,

I am trying to create a ListView that contains a custom visual item containing multiple ChartViews.   What I am trying to achieve is a list, with some text for each item on the left and multiple pie charts horizontally across the item.  I have looked at the documentation for creating custom items in a ListView and taken basically the same approach.  I create a StackLayoutPanel in CreateChildItems in my SimpleListViewVisualItem derived class.  I add a LightVisualElement to the layout which will contain some text.  Then I try to add RadChartElements to the stack.  The problem is I cannot figure out the correct way to create the RadChartElement for this scenario.   I have tried many variations, but none seem to work. 

 I have tried to declare RadChartView's as members in the VisualItem class, create them in them in CreateChildItems and add them with a call like layout.Children.Add(myChartView.ChartElement).   Then in SynchronizeProperties, I go ahead and blow away the series for the chart and recreate it with the correct data for the item.  This almost works, except that only the first item in my list will ever display correctly. 

I have tried to declare RadChartElement's as members of the VisualItem class, but then I cannot figure out how to set the series for the chart in SynchronizeProperties

I have even tried creating the RadChartView in CreateChildItems, then in SynchronizeProperties, I just recreate the RadChartView and point the children of the layout to the newly created chart.ChartElement.

I have tried just recreating the entire layout in SynchronizeProperties.

...and many more combinations.

The best I could do with any of my attempts did correctly display the *first item*, with text on the left and four pie charts with correct data to the right, but *only the first item*.  In all the other items, the chart elements appear blank.

Is this impossible in the current version of the controls for Winforms, or am I missing something?

Best regards,
Justin

George
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2014
7 answers
230 views

Using a GridView control to bind to Hierarchical Data programmatically.  One of the columns in the Child Template  is a Combo Box. One of the requirements is that the items listed in the combo box are dependent on a value from a Column in the Parent row.

 

For example, if a Column named KitNumber  in the Parent row has a value of  12345 on editing the child row, the combo box should only display the PartNumbers that are relevant to the KitNumber.  Sounds simple enough but I have not been able to figure this out using the GridView control.  Is this possible?

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2014
7 answers
348 views
Hello there,

I have changed the default Segoe font to Arial 9pt for my RadGridView using the IDE. But the drop-downlist of items in a GridViewComboBoxColumn does not follow and still displays as Segoe. There is no option in the IDE to alter it. I am trying to find out how to alter the font of the drop-down list in code please? (vb.net)

I imagine I could use VisualStyle builder but I cannot seem to export from that all the settings for a given off-the-shelf theme, and I do not havethe time to make a whole theme with all it's settings...

Thanks in advance
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2014
3 answers
305 views
If SelectNextOnDoubleClick is enabled, even if the control is set to ReadOnly = true, you can change the value by double clicking on the control.

The only workaround seems to disable the setting...
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2014
12 answers
177 views
How can I turn off the grid lines in a MultiColumnComboBox?

Thanks,

David
Iva
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2014
1 answer
288 views
Hi.
I would like to achieve highlight of checkbox to be the same as mouse hover when I focus on checkbox with tab button. VisualStyleBuilder doesn't support this (or I just can't see this option). How can I achieve my goal?
Cheers,
Kuba.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Mar 2014
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?