Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
292 views
I need to show a (only one) line across Bar chart to show current time. I am using RadChart first time and found Major/Minor Gridlines to show lines on graph, but either all grid lines will show or hide. I want only one grid line showing current time. Chart is simply showing stock name/number one X axis and price on Y axis. I am not using second Y axis. Any other option than gridline if can't achieve using gridline. Please help as earliest possible. Thanks
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2015
4 answers
220 views
Hi folks,

Is there any way to have the WinForms DropDownList control automatically drop down as soon as it has the focus?

Thx

Helen
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2015
9 answers
296 views

Hello All

I desperately need your help on this most urgently.

Using VB.Net - Windows Form - VS2012

What I am trying to achieve on the attached screenshot2 - I want hide the following:

1. Groupbox 'Not' checkbox
2. Hide the dropdown list that shows 'Greater than' etc
3. Hide the dropdown list that shows 'less than' etc
4. Hide the radio buttons i.e. And, Or
5. Shift the two date picker controls to the center with labels [From] and [To]

So far I have managed to hide the Available Filter options to show only [Between] option - see screenshot1

Please, Please, can you provide a VB.Net coding on how to do this
:

Private Sub rgvProblems_FilterPopupInitialized(sender As System.Object, e As Telerik.WinControls.UI.FilterPopupInitializedEventArgs) Handles rgvProblems.FilterPopupInitialized

If (e.Column.Name = "Raised")  Then

Dim filterPopup As RadDateFilterPopup = DirectCast(e.FilterPopup, RadDateFilterPopup)
Dim item As RadMenuItem = DirectCast(filterPopup.Items(1), RadMenuItem)

If (item IsNot Nothing) Then
'Only BETWEEN operator is visible
item.Items(0).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed
item.Items(1).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed
item.Items(2).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed
item.Items(3).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed
item.Items(4).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed
item.Items(5).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed
item.Items(6).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed
item.Items(7).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed
item.Items(9).Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed

End If


Many thanks who can help me out on this.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2015
2 answers
341 views
Hi

Could you advise how to set the format for the text display element of a MultiColumn combo box?

The data member part of the drop-down is associated with a DateTime column for which I have set the FormatString property to {0:dd.MM.yyyy HH:mm} via the designer.

So, the drop down shows dates in my required format (e.g. 10.02.2015 12:00) but the text still displays as 10/02/2015 12:00:00.

Any help with customizing the format would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adrian
AdrianG
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 11 Feb 2015
1 answer
155 views
I am converting a large project from some 2012 controls to the latest version.   All is going well, until I hit the treeview control.  

On compile, I get this error. 

Cannot implicitly convert type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeView.TreeViewEventHandler' to 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.TreeNodeCheckedEventHandler'

Not quite sure how to handle this. 

here is the referenced line of code
​ this.monitorRadTreeView.NodeCheckedChanged += new Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadTreeView.TreeViewEventHandler(this.monitorRadTreeView_NodeCheckedChanged);
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2015
6 answers
478 views
I'm looking for a "best practices" guidance statement from Telerik regarding pros and cons of using WinForms versus WPF with regard to Telerik's future roadmap for continuing support and development of these control libraries.

Obviously, existing projects are most easily maintained in whichever format they were orginally designed and built. So the question here concerns selection of WinForms versus WPF for new projects only.

Starting a new project in WPF has the major advantage that it can be more easily converted to Silverlight. Are there any major advantages to starting a new project in WinForms? Are there any performance benefits for the WinForms Grid compared to the WPF Grid?

What are Telerik's "best practice" recommendations regarding these questions?
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2015
3 answers
307 views
I'm trying to add a calculator to my project. I'm thinking that if I use a Rad Calculator DropDown with the popup opened inside an empty form it might work.

So far I have the form as you can see in the attached picture. I did hide the popup border using:

        Me.RadCalculatorDropDown1.CalculatorElement.CalculatorContentElement.DrawBorder = False


I did also hide the arrow button but I can't figure out how to hide the shadow.
My other problem is that when I click the textbox the popup calculator it goes away

It would be nice that you provide a full calculator control. 

Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Feb 2015
3 answers
180 views
Hi,
I'm  trying to use the dock functionality as MDI container, but has a problem when using autoscroll on child forms. So on resizing, scrolls are hidding or not showing correctly. I'm just wondering is there any specifity in use of autoscroll or there is some kind of problem that i'm seeing?
Regards,
Simeon
Todor
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Feb 2015
5 answers
229 views
I have a Main form that is maximized by default.
I changed the inheritance of my Main form to now inherit from  RadForm.
Now when I open the Main form on my left monitor then the Main form has a small edge on the right that is bleeding into the left side of the right monitor.
See attachment for better explanation.
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Feb 2015
4 answers
1.8K+ views
Hi,

How do I format a datetime column in a radgridview control?

I want to show ONLY the date part of the variable. 

I DID try removing it before entering it into the Grid, but then it just shows 12:00:00

I am guessing it has to do with DataEditFormatString or FormatString in the advanced settings for the column, but I've tried all kinds of strings with no luck.

Thanks
Johnny
Aneta
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Feb 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?