Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
167 views
Hello, I'm using CellFormatting event to convert TypeId's to the more human friendly text (Type name). However if I copy value (CTRL+C or access cell value via code) I get original (unformatted) value. Is there any way to get formatted cell text ?  
SimonasM
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 04 Mar 2015
1 answer
144 views
Hello,

It appears as though the RadAutoCompleteBox doesn't support the RightToLeft property like the RadTextBox does.  Is this truly the case, or am I missing some property you can set with the RadAutoCompleteBox that will cause it to behave properly when you set RightToLeft to Yes?

Kind regards,

David
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2015
5 answers
233 views
How do you export the data to Excel?

Thanks,
Tim
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 04 Mar 2015
6 answers
208 views

We bought a telerik new version DLL i.e 2014.3.1202.40 but we found issue that DragDrop event is not firing. We read  from your blog saying that DragDrop issue has been fixed in 2013 development version.Is that fixed or Is there any alternative solution?
Sharad
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Mar 2015
1 answer
132 views
How can I add a RadButtonElement to the PdfViewerElement children collection?

What I have tried is this:

radPdfViewer1.PdfViewerElement.Children.Add(new RadButtonElement("test"));

Seems straight forward, but does not show a button.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 03 Mar 2015
1 answer
267 views
Dear sir

I have a issue with how to set Y-axis as a categorical axis in
RadChartView

Document are as following

Data points are represented by a box where the height (width) of
the box is the distance between the point’s numerical value and
the categorical axis that plots the point. Bars may be either
“horizontal” or “vertical” depending on whether the categorical
axis is specified as an “X-axis” or as a “Y-axis”.

My code is as following

var barSeries = new BarSeries();

radChartView.Axes.Clear();
var verticalAxis = new CategoricalAxis();
verticalAxis.LabelFormat = "{0}";
verticalAxis.Title = "Time";
barSeries.VerticalAxis = verticalAxis;

var horizontalAxis = new LinearAxis();
horizontalAxis.Title = "Value";
horizontalAxis.LabelFormat = "{0}";
horizontalAxis.AxisType = AxisType.Second;
barSeries.HorizontalAxis = horizontalAxis;

radChartView.Series.Add(barSeries);

but the horizontalAxis is still the Categorical one

Could anyone give me a sample how to set Y-axis as Categorical Axis and Y-axis as Linear Axis to make bars show horizontally?

Thanks
Mirror
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 03 Mar 2015
2 answers
319 views
What I'm doing in my code is generating a lot of RadChartView objects, saving them to disk, and then trying to dispose of the chart object. If I attempt to just do a chart.Dispose() when I'm done with the chart, memory related to the series data never gets released. If I clear the series' data points myself, then memory is freed when I finally do the chart.Dispose. Rename the attachment to (.7z) to see my example project. 
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2015
1 answer
381 views
First I admit that I'm a newbie regarding UI design in Win8.1 - last time I did UI it was in the time of VB6 - so I may make stupid mistakes. But I've now played around for more than 4 hours, searching this forum and google'd a lot and I don't find some answers.

I'm working on VS2013, uptodate Telerik for WinForms, Win8.1 64 bit. My application is a simple test application, no custom code, just using the VS design view and Telerik UI elements. The png/icon I use are from "icon8.com" - downloaded in various pic sizes, currently I'm using the 50x50 pixel size. I imported the stuff into the resources file AND I also used a ImageList property after my first run didn't work out.

My requirement: simple. A good looking button with a simple image on it. Nothing fancy.

What I learned: if I use the image property, the image is not rescaled to the button size.
=> What I don't understand: what's the meaning of the "ImageScalingSize" parameters? I can't find an explanation in the documentation, and I don't see any effect on the bitmap if I change values (using the image property). Is there any other component using it? Should they rescale the image?

What I tried: I used (both the images from the resource file as well as the image from the ImageList) at the BACKGROUNDIMAGE parameter and IN BOTH CASES the image doesn't shop up on a Telerik RadButton. If the use the normal Windows Forms button, the image shows up. I have no idea why this won't work. Is it something with the resolution, the color depth in the PNG, the transparency setting? I tried various scaling settings (tile, stretch, center, zoom), no effect. I have no clue.

Regarding "SmallImageList": I haven't found any explanation when the SmallImageList is used. Propably a newbie question - any doc on this?

Kind regards,
Andrew
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2015
1 answer
283 views
hello i have the project in the visual basic 2012 with telerik controls, but in the last days the control command bar doesnt show me the popup menu, as well other controls i cant move with the mouse, why happend this, in fact the control blink and doesnt allow chooice option.

thanks.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2015
2 answers
83 views
Hi,
I'm trying to print/preview the complete results from a merge - the code below only outputs the currently selected merge record. I can scroll thru all merged records on screen but not print or preview the "whole" document. Dim provider As IDocumentFormatProvider = New DocxFormatProvider()
                Dim openDialog As New OpenFileDialog()
                openDialog.InitialDirectory = Session.WorkFolder & "\letters"
                'openDialog.Filter = "Documents|*.docx"
                openDialog.Multiselect = False
                Dim dialogResult As DialogResult = openDialog.ShowDialog()
                If dialogResult = System.Windows.Forms.DialogResult.OK Then

                    Using stream As Stream = openDialog.OpenFile()
                        RichTextEditor.Document = provider.Import(stream)
                    End Using

                    RichTextEditor.Document.MailMergeDataSource.ItemsSource = WkLetters
                    RichTextEditor.UpdateAllFields(FieldDisplayMode.Result)
                    RichTextEditor.MailMerge(True)

RichTextEditor.PrintPreview

                End If



Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Lee.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 02 Mar 2015
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?