Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
336 views

Hi:

I am currently using the flowlayoutpanel in a Winforms application to build a horizontal timeline of thumbnail images.  This can contain several hundred thumbnails (as many as 500).   I've included a screenshot...

The problem with flowlayoutpanel (as well as the .net panel control) is that once the thumbnail layout becomes wider than 32,767 pixels, the control will no longer populate.   This is a big problem for my application.  Attempts to work around this have thus far been unsuccessful due to complexity and extremely poor performance.

Does Telerik have a scrollable panel that will allow me to populate with more?     If so I will purchase immediately!

 

Des

 

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2017
3 answers
99 views

Hi

 

I implemented  a (custom item - radListview) in a Listview using CustomDetailListViewDataCellElement

the view type of the parent ListView is Detailview and a data set is bounded to it

I want to fill the custom listview inside the parent listview with data

I can fill it with data at creation time

but after the cell has been created  , I can't

 

I don't know how to reach it

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2017
1 answer
149 views

 

How do you get access to the Root Logical Operator value? For example, I want to do this

 

            RadDataFilterDialog dialog = new RadDataFilterDialog();
            dialog.ShowDialog();
            //string expression = dialog.DataFilter.Expression;

            //Doesn't work
            DataFilterRootNode dfRn = dialog.DataFilter.Nodes[0] as DataFilterRootNode;
            if (dfRn != null)
            {
                var rootLogicalOperator = dialog.DataFilter.Nodes[0].LogicalOperator;
            }

            //Doesn't work
            var rootLogicalOperator = dialog.DataFilter.Nodes[0].LogicalOperator;

 

dialog.DataFilter.Nodes[0] in the debugger indicates it's of type DataFilterRootNode but if I try to cast to that type to access the LogicalOperator value it gives error Error    CS0122    'DataFilterRootNode' is inaccessible due to its protection level

 

So how do I access the root LogicalOperator value?

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2017
4 answers
2.0K+ views
Hi All,
I have a grid. Based on some condition i want to change the color of one column.

I searched many articles. Every where i found i have to change each cell in that column. But is there any way i can directly set the column to some other.

Any kind of help is appreciated.

Sasmita
Amir
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Feb 2017
19 answers
363 views
Hi everybody
I confused about the following article.
http://www.telerik.com/help/winforms/gridview-editors-howto-allow-end-users-to-add-items-to-dropdownlisteditor.html 
Can someone give me a sample project of these codes?
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2017
1 answer
208 views
Hello, I have the caretposition in a blank line, it just have the Enter symbol, I want to remove this line, I can't find a method to do this, you think you cal help me? Please.
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2017
5 answers
202 views

Hi,

All the examples I have seen are all about identifying the row of a target GridView where an item has been dropped onto.

But I need to identify the column as well. Is there a way to do this given only the e.HitTarget from the RadDropEventArgs i.e. in

 

void dragDropService_PreviewDragDrop(object sender, RadDropEventArgs e)

 

Thanks for any help.

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2017
6 answers
1.3K+ views
Hi,

Maybe a stupid question, but I was wondering if there is an overview of the different formatstrings you can use for the DateTime Column?

I want to make a static function where I just need to call the right formatString, instead of every time searching the "net" for the right syntacs and add it.

Thanks
Scott
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Feb 2017
1 answer
291 views

 Hi, we use the rich text editor with the ribbon bar that has all the options to edit the text, we can select the font size from the drop down, but this only have integer values, we need it to be able to type the size we desire (in this case with decimals), well at least we need a .5 (8.5, 9.5, 10.5, 11.5 and 12.5)

 

Is there a way to achieve this? Please

 

I'm using 2017 Q1

 

Thank you all.

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Feb 2017
2 answers
145 views

Hello,

I'm using a GridView for which I'm defining some default values.

When clicking on the NewRow, it displays the default values but if the user doesn't change any of row values, the row is never validated.

In the DefaultValuesNeeded event, I'm actually defining a specific column to have a specific ID each time, and I wish this could be sufficient to be able to validate the row. This used to work in Winforms Q1 2015...

OD
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Feb 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?