Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
152 views
When placing a dropdown button in a RadRibbonBar, the Visual Style Builder has a DropDownButtoninRibbon Control Structure element for editing the UI of the button. However, where does one edit the UI for the menu items appearing below the pressed dropdown button that is contained in the RadRibbonBar?
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 08 Feb 2017
4 answers
222 views

Hello,

I'm using UI for WinForms R1 2017 and have observed a problem with the drawing of RadTimePicker when in a disabled state (Enabled = false).

Please see the attached picture. Notice how the RadDateTimePicker control (on the left) has the expected disabled appearance. However, the RadTimePicker control (on the right) does not. Specifically, part of the RadTimePicker editor background is still drawn in a light color when the control is disabled.

Please let me know if there's a workaround for this, and thanks.

Regards,

Mark R.

Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 07 Feb 2017
8 answers
1.0K+ views

Now that we're including the Telerik UI in our project, we'd like to reduce our reliance on third party controls where possible. I'm looking at replacing ObjectListView and I presume the equivalient would be RadListView.

With ObjectListView the process is:

  1. Define the custom MyClass
  2. Define the columns at design time and associate each with a Property in MyClass
  3. At run time, use SetObjects to set the list content to the run time defined List (of MyClass). 

Is there a way to do this in RadListView without needing to maintain an external data source, or manually add each item as a new row in the ListView? 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2017
1 answer
184 views

Hallo,

is there any way to only get a direkt right click on a node? The GetElementAtPoint get's the node even if the cursor is outside of the (visible part) of the node but at the same hight (I think this is the same reason why the hottrack reacts outside of the visible part of the node)

I'd use the NodeMouseClick but the event args aren't derived from MouseEventArgs so there is no MousePosition/MouseButton (I think this should be changed)

private void radTreeView1_MouseDown(object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.Button == System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons.Right)
    {
        TreeNodeElement el = radTreeView1.ElementTree.GetElementAtPoint(e.Location) as TreeNodeElement;
        ...
    }
}

 

So I need to distinguish between a direkt right click on a node and a right click on the treeview (the white part)

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2017
1 answer
120 views

I am getting different XY coordinates on the CompleteDragging event than what the actual shape XY coordinates are (see image file).  Any clue how to get the correct XY coordinates? It seems like I am getting the XY of the center of the shape.  Below is the code I am using:

 

private void DragService_CompleteDragging(object sender, PositionChangedEventArgs e)
{
    label13.Text = $"{e.NewPosition.X},{e.NewPosition.Y}";
 
    foreach (var shape in radDiagram1.Shapes)
    {
        var myShape = shape as RadDiagramShape;
        if (myShape.Text == _asset.AssetTag)
        {
            label14.Text = $"{myShape.X},{myShape.Y}";
            break;
        }
    }
}


Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2017
1 answer
378 views

I am trying to find the best way to add a secondary Y axis for a line series. An example of this would be a Fahrenheit secondary Y axis for a Celsius primary Y axis. The best way I have figured out so far is to create a dummy series that is not visible and that shares the same X axis and color as the primary axis. The minimum and maximum values are then set based on the ActualRange of the primary axis. This is not ideal because the secondary axis ticks aren't being generated on round numbers.

Is there a better way to do this?

Is there an event that I can use to update the secondary Y axis minimum and maximum when the ActualRange of the primary axis changes?

// Create data table with test data
DataTable dataTable = new DataTable();
dataTable.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Date", typeof(DateTime) ));
dataTable.Columns.Add(new DataColumn("Temp", typeof(float) ));
dataTable.Rows.Add(new DateTime(2016, 2, 1), 245.0f);
dataTable.Rows.Add(new DateTime(2016, 3, 1), 248.0f);
dataTable.Rows.Add(new DateTime(2016, 4, 1), 238.0f);
 
// Create line series for test data
LineSeries lineSeries1 = new LineSeries();
lineSeries1.Name = "Temperature";
lineSeries1.Spline = false;
lineSeries1.ValueMember = "Temp";
lineSeries1.CategoryMember = "Date";
lineSeries1.DataSource = dataTable;
 
// dummy line series for secondary axis
LineSeries dummyLineSeries = new LineSeries();
dummyLineSeries.Name = "Dummy Temperature";
dummyLineSeries.Spline = false;
dummyLineSeries.IsVisible = false;
dummyLineSeries.BorderColor = lineSeries1.BorderColor;
 
// X Axis definition
DateTimeCategoricalAxis DTcategoricalAxis1 = new DateTimeCategoricalAxis();
DTcategoricalAxis1.PlotMode = AxisPlotMode.OnTicks;
DTcategoricalAxis1.LabelFormat = "{0:MMMyy}";
DTcategoricalAxis1.Title = "Month-Year";
DTcategoricalAxis1.AxisType = Telerik.Charting.AxisType.First;
 
// Primary Y Axis definition
LinearAxis linearAxis1 = new LinearAxis();
linearAxis1.Title = "Temperature (°C)";
linearAxis1.AxisType = Telerik.Charting.AxisType.Second;
 
// Secondary Y Axis definition
LinearAxis linearAxis2 = new LinearAxis();
linearAxis2.Title = "Temperature (°F)";
linearAxis2.AxisType = Telerik.Charting.AxisType.Second;
linearAxis2.HorizontalLocation = AxisHorizontalLocation.Right;
 
// Add Axes to the line series
lineSeries1.HorizontalAxis = DTcategoricalAxis1;
lineSeries1.VerticalAxis = linearAxis1;
 
dummyLineSeries.HorizontalAxis = DTcategoricalAxis1;
dummyLineSeries.VerticalAxis = linearAxis2;
             
// Add line series to chart
radChartView1.Series.AddRange( lineSeries1, dummyLineSeries);
 
// Force secondary axis range to match adjusted
linearAxis2.Minimum = linearAxis1.ActualRange.Minimum * 1.8 + 32.0;
linearAxis2.Maximum = linearAxis1.ActualRange.Maximum * 1.8 + 32.0;
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2017
1 answer
101 views

I have a need of hiding the richtexteditor, populating it, and then doing a PrintPreview.  I have discovered that if the control's "Visible" property is false, it does not work. The document is empty.  It also does not work if you dynamically create the control at run-time. Thoughts?  Obviously, I can add a control to the form and hide it behind another control, but that's a hack.

 

Dim foo As New RadRichTextEditor
Dim provider As New HtmlFormatProvider()
 
foo.Document = provider.Import("<html><body>All Notes for Project Foo<br/><br/></body></html>")
foo.PrintPreview()
Ralitsa
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Feb 2017
5 answers
371 views

Hi,

I've written a Custom Editor with a TextBox and two buttons (I simply made few changes at the code of your CustomEditor Demo), it seem to work fine except for the fact that if I set the Multiline propery of the TextBoxItem to true I cannot change the text anymore (I looks like it became ReadOnly), so I suppose it isn't so simple.

How can I write a custom editor that accept multiline text ?

 

Alessio Bulleri
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 06 Feb 2017
5 answers
238 views
Hi,

I would like to display a ToolTip for a GridView Cell only if the value of the cell is too large to fit within the column width?  The ToolTip would be the complete cell value.  Normally, the value shows an ellipse when it is trimmed but I can not find a property to indicate this.

Thanks,
Mike
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2017
2 answers
247 views

Hi

I want a Not selectable ListViewElement

by not selectable , I mean you can not select it's items

I have it as custom item in a parent listview

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 06 Feb 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?