Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
688 views
Hi, I am working with the Rich Text Editor Ribbon Bar in WinForms.  I want to hide the entire File menu options.  How can this be done?
Bill
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 Feb 2017
4 answers
612 views
Hello,

Since last version, how could I change column index, because now it seems that "Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewColumn.Index" is read only ?

Thanks.
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 17 Feb 2017
5 answers
159 views

Hello,

There is a bug in gridview printiing with mode landscape only

with this gridview :

http://creiler.free.fr/window_gridview.jpg

My PrintStyle :

 With oStyle

                .FitWidthMode = PrintFitWidthMode.NoFitCentered
                .PrintGrouping = False
                .PrintSummaries = True
                .PrintHeaderOnEachPage = True
                .PrintHiddenColumns = False
                .PrintHierarchy = True
                .PrintAllPages = True
                .HierarchyIndent = 0
                .CellFont = New System.Drawing.Font("Arial", 8, FontStyle.Regular)
                .HeaderCellFont = New System.Drawing.Font("Arial", 8, FontStyle.Regular)
                .SummaryCellFont = New System.Drawing.Font("Arial", 8, FontStyle.Bold)
                .GroupRowFont = New System.Drawing.Font("Arial", 8, FontStyle.Bold)
            End With​

 

normal :

http://creiler.free.fr/gridview1.jpg

landscape :

http://creiler.free.fr/gridview2.jpg​​

Summary cells are shifting 
Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Feb 2017
5 answers
461 views
Hi,

Is there some way to get the underlying datasource record when hovering over a cell in the RadGridView?
If not, is there some way to get all cellvalues of the row of the RadGridViewwhere where I'm hovering over?

Reason, I display a RadOffice2007ScreenTipElement when hovering over some cell in the RadGridView and I would like to display some information in there.
For this I need to get to that data BUT I do not want to select that row!!!
The row that was/is selected must stay selected!!

regards
Didier
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 16 Feb 2017
2 answers
196 views

Hi, 

I have to add a ContextMenu to my MultiColumnComboBox. I already added a Winforms ContextMenuStrip and also set the ContextMenu Property. 

Now when I click on my dropDownButton of the ComboBox the right ContextMenu is shown but if I click in the middle of the textboxelement of the Combobox I get another one I do not want. Setting the ContextMenu of the textboxelement doesnt change that behaviour. 

THIS-OBJECT:MultiColumnComboBoxElement:TextBoxElement:TextBoxItem:HostedControl:ContextMenuStrip = THIS-OBJECT:contextMenuStripMain

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this ?

 

Sincerely,

Dominik

Dominik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 16 Feb 2017
23 answers
313 views
I have a 3 level hierarchical grid and I am getting the following error when I try to edit an expanded child row:

System.NullReferenceException was unhandled
Message="Object reference not set to an instance of an object."
Source="Telerik.WinControls.GridView"
StackTrace:
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEditManager.InitializeEditor(IInputEditor activeEditor)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewEditManager.BeginEdit()
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.OnMouseUpLeft(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridRowBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.BaseGridBehavior.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at Telerik.WinControls.RadControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at CU_Estimating_v2.Program.Main() in C:\Documents and Settings\APahlka\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\CU_Estimating_v2\CU_Estimating_v2\Program.cs:line 23
at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()
InnerException:

If the row is not expanded, then I don't get the error. The grid looks something like this when the error occurs:
- Parent
  - Child (trying to edit and get’s error) 
     Grandchild

I don’t get it when the child row is not expanded like this:
- Parent
+ Child (trying to edit and no error)

I'm trying to duplicate it on a smaller project, but I have not been able to yet.

Do you have any suggestions to try?

Thank you,
Aaron
Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2017
7 answers
667 views

Hello

- Are there means to style hyperlinks in a html formatted RadLabel similar to css (.hover, .visited etc.)? couldn't find anything in the docs.

- When using a RadLabel with a hyperlink on a Rad Doc Document, the link seems to stay in .active mode after the webpage has opened. When I reopen the document the link goes into .visited style (as expected). I'd like it to revert to initial state or go into .visited state.

Regards

Erwin

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2017
9 answers
1.7K+ views

How do you remove/hide the Add or Remove Buttons/Customize item from the commandbar/strips? I didn't the Add or Remove Programs Button directly mentioned or named in the documentation so I am not sure if I am overlooking it.
Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 15 Feb 2017
1 answer
67 views

Hello,

 

I am new to use your program. I want to add simple table with 2 columes and multiple rows. Do you have any example ??

 

Regards,

 

Dani

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2017
1 answer
275 views

Hi, 

 

I have created a custom FilterCell for my Grid with a simple "FilterClear" Button. 

At the beginning of my program, a custom theme gets loaded with changes of the button style. Now i do not want, that my filterclearbuttons looks like the other buttons. I tried to set loRadButtonElement:ElementTree:EnableApplicationThemeName = FALSE. but I get a compile error this way. 

 

I also tried to set these properties of my button in my override CreateChildElements of my CustomFilterCell.

 

      loRadButtonElement:ButtonFillElement:AutoSize = FALSE.
      loRadButtonElement:ButtonFillElement:Size = NEW System.Drawing.Size(16,16).
      loRadButtonElement:ButtonFillElement:Alignment = System.Drawing.ContentAlignment:MiddleCenter.
      loRadButtonElement:BorderElement:AutoSize = FALSE.
      loRadButtonElement:BorderElement:Size = NEW System.Drawing.Size(16,16).
      loRadButtonElement:BorderElement:Alignment = System.Drawing.ContentAlignment:MiddleCenter.

 

I am able to change the style this way but it is not looking as expected. 

i add two images of my current window and how I want it to look like.

 

It would be wonderful, if someone of you could tell me how to obtain the desired style without changing my custom theme

 

Sincerely,

Dominik

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 14 Feb 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?