Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
141 views

Hi.

Is it possible to change the circle gauge yo make it ovaladed?

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2017
6 answers
233 views

In this application we are running around the warehouse and picking items for an order.  The user gets to select any row in the gridview of items either by clicking that row or entering a search field and the program will find a row from that..

What I want to do is this:

1. When a row is selected, show only that row and show a panel where the user takes an action.

2. When the user completes the action for that row, restore the gridview to showing all of the rows and make that panel disappear.

How I think of this is:

  • A split container with two panels (and 0 for the splitter width).  One panel contains the gridview.  The other panel contains the controls for the user to execute the action for the selected gridview row.
  • When a row is selected, that panel and gridview will decrease their size to contain only the header row and the selected row.  The other panel will expand into the vacated space in the split container.  Reverse this when the action for that row is completed.  (That other panel won't be visible.)
  • When the row is selected, no scrolling, no touching, nothing.  It's there to show you what you have selected to work on.  That's all.

I'm doing fine with collapsing the panels in the split container.  I'd like help with

  1. Either setting the current row as the first visible row or making the current row the only visible row (other suggestions are welcome).
  2. Hiding the scroll bar and other things to keep the user out of the gridview when a row has been selected.
  3. Calculating the height to set the gridview so that it is tall enough to show the header and one row (I think I've been there before).

Thank you.

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2017
1 answer
371 views

   Hi Telerik Team,

i begin to developing a telerik UI by using c#. i added a CommandBarDropDownButton for language selection (English & Arabic). When i set currentculture as arabic and RightToLeft to Yes, CommandBarDropDownButton items, are onthe right side of screen, show up shifted position, in a wrong position. i attached the screenshots for clarifying problem. 

Here is my code:

using System;
using System.Collections.Generic;
using System.ComponentModel;
using System.Data;
using System.Drawing;
using System.Linq;
using System.Text;
using System.Globalization;
using System.Threading;
using System.Windows.Forms;
using Telerik.WinControls;
using Telerik.WinControls.UI;
  
namespace TelerikWinFormsApp2
{
    public partial class Form1 : RadForm
    {
        private static RightToLeft right2Left = RightToLeft.No;
        private readonly object _locker = new object();
  
        public static CultureInfo CurrentCulture { get; set; }
  
        private RightToLeft Right2Left
        {
            get { return right2Left; }
            set {
                if (!(right2Left == value))
                {
                    lock(_locker){
                        right2Left = value;
                        CultureChangeFunc();
                    }
                }
            }
        }
  
        public Form1()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
        }
  
        private void Form1_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            InitializeToolbar();
        }
  
        private void InitializeToolbar()
        {
            bseLayout.Grip.Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed;
            bseActions1.Grip.Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed;
            bseLanguage.Grip.Visibility = ElementVisibility.Collapsed;
  
            bseLanguage.DesiredLocation = new PointF(10000, 0);
  
            this.commandBarDropDownButton2.Image = Image.FromFile("icons\\32x32\\icon_list.png");
            this.commandBarDropDownButton3.Image = Image.FromFile("icons\\32x32\\icon_settings.png");
            this.commandBarDropDownButton4.Image = Image.FromFile("icons\\32x32\\icon_lang.png");
            this.commandBarButton7.Image = Image.FromFile("icons\\32x32\\icon_info.png");
            this.commandBarButton4.Image = Image.FromFile("icons\\32x32\\icon_help.png");
  
        }
  
        private void rmiLanguage_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            var selectedItem = (RadMenuItem)sender;
            if (selectedItem.Tag == null)
                return;
  
            try
            {
                if (selectedItem.Tag.Equals("rmiEnglish"))
                {
                    CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("en-US");
                    Right2Left = RightToLeft.No;
                }
                else if (selectedItem.Tag.Equals("rmiArabic"))
                {
                    CurrentCulture = new CultureInfo("ar-SA");
                    Right2Left = RightToLeft.Yes;
                }
                else
                {
                    return;
                }                  
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                MessageBox.Show("Change Language Error : "+ ex.Message.ToString());
            }
        }
  
        private void CultureChangeFunc()
        {
            try
            {
                Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture = CurrentCulture;
                Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentUICulture = CurrentCulture;
                RightToLeft = Thread.CurrentThread.CurrentCulture.TextInfo.IsRightToLeft ? RightToLeft.Yes : RightToLeft.No;
            }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
                MessageBox.Show("Change Language Error : ", ex.Message.ToString());
            }
        }
  
  
  
    }
}

 

Best Regards..

 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 27 Feb 2017
2 answers
246 views

Hi,

I would like to add a Dropdown in one of my Filtercells. Every entry in the Column should be displayed in this dropdown so the user can choose just elements which are already in the column of the grid. Is there a property to achieve this behaviour or do I have to create a Customcontrol to handle this?


Could you please send me a simple example how to solve this task?

 

Sincerely,

Dominik Zöbl

Dominik
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 27 Feb 2017
1 answer
190 views

here is the scenario..  

I am trying to create some wrapper classes for controls that display text such as labels, etc.  What I am seeing is that I am copy and pasting the same font override function for each control.  

 

Is there a recommended way of overriding the RadControl.Font and utilize that?  The problem, is the wrapper class can only have a single base class..  MyRadLabel : RadLabel

 

any pointers would be nice.  I hope I am just missing something small that I am not thinking of..

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Feb 2017
2 answers
306 views

How can I center image and text of RadMenuItem when AutoSize is false? See attached screenshot.

 

Thanks..

Renbert
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 24 Feb 2017
2 answers
122 views

Hello,

I am looking for a way to find all the images from a document and run them through a compressing do reduce the document size.

I found a way to find all images and I have the code to compress them but I am not sure how to replace the image after I find them.

foreach (Section section in this.radRichTextEditor1.Document.Sections)
{
    foreach (Block block in section.Blocks)
    {
        Paragraph p = block as Paragraph;
        if (p != null)
        {
            foreach (Inline inlineElement in p.Inlines)
            {
                ImageInline image = inlineElement as ImageInline;
                if (image != null)
                {
                    Telerik.WinControls.RichTextEditor.UI.BitmapSource bitSource;
                    bitSource = image.ImageSource;
                }
            }
        }
    }
}

Regards, Dan

Hristo
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2017
1 answer
205 views

I'm not using themes in my project yet but I would like this to work as if I were.  I'm setting up some RadLabels to contain both the name of the piece of information and the value of it.  I.E. RadLabel1.Text = string.Format("<html><color=Navy>Item Number: <color=Black>{0}", theItemNumber);

How can I get the color name for the text at the top of the RadForm (or any control's forecolor that is used to display text)?

Also, where I'm setting the color back to the default for the label, is Black the default or is there some place to find that color as well?

Thank you,

Gary

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 23 Feb 2017
2 answers
151 views

Hello,

I'm using Q1 2017 radcontrols for winforms (vb.net).

I have a radporama with a radtile, and a radpropertygrid, with the radtile as selectedobject.

When i set an image to the radtile using the radpropertygrid, everything works fine. But i dont know how to reset the image to nothing. If i select the image in the radpropertygrid, and the press "delete" on my keyboard, nothing happens.

I need a solution without clicking on the square and reset.

Could you help me?

Thanks in advance.

 

Best regards.

 

OD
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Feb 2017
2 answers
207 views

Hello,

I'm using Q1 2017 radcontrols for winforms (vb.net).

When you bind the radpropertygrid to an objet that have a font property for instance, you have in the radpropertygrid an arrow appearing.

My question is : is-it possible to disable or hide the "plus" sign ?

Thanks in advance.

 

Best regards.

OD
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 23 Feb 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?