I realize we cannot add a RadSeparator to the RadRibbonBarBackStageView currently (it's not a RadItem) but there really should be some kind of "Separator" for the navigation (we have separators for every other navigational elements: ribbons, groups, menus.)
I also realize that earlier versions of the Office Backstage did not include a Separator however, all of the newer versions do so no harm in allowing someone to select "Windows 7" as their theme and still allow this, is there?
Adjustable Properties should be (IMHO)
EdgeWidth - this is how close to either edge the line will be drawn (there's no reason the line has to go 100% across)
LineHeight - in pixels how thick to draw the line. set limits at something reasonable like 1-10
LineColor - obvious
Height - users should be allowed to adjust how tall/short the separator is. This is not to be confused with LineHeight. This is the total height of the control whereas LineHeight is just the line being drawn.
The attached image shows what I came up with in my ap - I got a little fancy with the line itself by allowing a leading and trailing linear gradient and my usercontrol lets me select the length of the gradiation but no need to go totally cray cray.
Anyway just my two cents :)
-C
Hi,
I want to align my popup to snap the left or the right corner of its RadPopupEditor item. (See the picture for more details).
As you can see the popup is not aligned neither to the left nor to the right. How can I control the behaviour of the popup?
Things i have tried so far:
popUpEditorConnect.PopupEditorElement.Alignment = ContentAlignment.TopLeft;
popUpEditorConnect.Popup.AlignmentRectangleOverlapMode = AlternativeCorrectionMode.Flip;
popUpEditorConnect.Popup.DropDownAnimationDirection = RadDirection.Left;
popUpEditorConnect.Popup.HorizontalAlignmentCorrectionMode = AlignmentCorrectionMode.SnapToEdges;
popUpEditorConnect.Popup.HorizontalPopupAlignment = HorizontalPopupAlignment.LeftToLeft;

Hello,
A while back I requested the ability to embed fonts when exporting from a RichTextEditor to pdf. Eventually this functionality was added (thank you for that!), but in my current use case it's causing pdf filesizes to be extremely large compared to the workaround solution I've initially implemented. I was wondering if anyone at Telerik would have an idea on the differences between the two methods and why one is much larger than another.
Use case info:
I'm required to take the output from a bunch of RichTextEditors, export each one to a pdf and then merge those individual pdfs into a larger one. By using the PdfFormatProvider, this causes fonts to be embedded multiple times in the merged pdf (and makes the filesize really large).
However, before this functionality, Telerik recommended a workaround to get fonts embedded that takes the content from the the RichTextEditor into a docx file, then imported back in and exported to a pdf. This was a hacky workaround that causes some formatting issues, but actually embedded the font and didn't balloon the filesize.
(for details on the workaround, it was recommended in this thread: http://www.telerik.com/forums/embedding-fonts-in-pdf-output)
Is there anyway to make the proper pdf export provider work similar to the one in the workaround? Using the correct export provider fixes a bunch of my issues, but the duplicate embedded fonts causing large file size is a dealbreaker unfortunately.
Thanks!
-Tom


Hi ,
I create custom cell in gridview . My code :
public class RadioButtonCellElement : GridDataCellElement
{
private RadRadioButtonElement radioButtonElement1;
private RadRadioButtonElement radioButtonElement2;
private RadRadioButtonElement radioButtonElement3;
private RadTextBoxEditorElement customText;
public RadioButtonCellElement(GridViewColumn column, GridRowElement row)
: base(column, row)
{
}
protected override void CreateChildElements()
{
base.CreateChildElements();
radioButtonElement1 = new RadRadioButtonElement();
radioButtonElement1.Margin = new Padding(0, 2, 0, 0);
radioButtonElement1.MinSize = new Size(50, 20);
radioButtonElement1.Text = "0.1";
radioButtonElement2 = new RadRadioButtonElement();
radioButtonElement2.Margin = new Padding(0, 2, 0, 0);
radioButtonElement2.MinSize = new Size(50, 20);
radioButtonElement2.Text = "0.2";
radioButtonElement3 = new RadRadioButtonElement();
radioButtonElement3.Margin = new Padding(0, 2, 0, 0);
radioButtonElement3.MinSize = new Size(80, 20);
radioButtonElement3.Text = "Custom";
customText = new RadTextBoxEditorElement();
//customText.Enabled = false;
customText.Size = new Size(10, 20);
this.Children.Add(radioButtonElement1);
this.Children.Add(radioButtonElement2);
this.Children.Add(radioButtonElement3);
this.Children.Add(customText);
radioButtonElement1.MouseDown += new MouseEventHandler(radioButtonElement1_MouseDown);
radioButtonElement2.MouseDown += new MouseEventHandler(radioButtonElement2_MouseDown);
radioButtonElement3.MouseDown += new MouseEventHandler(radioButtonElement3_MouseDown);
}
protected override void DisposeManagedResources()
{
radioButtonElement1.MouseDown -= new MouseEventHandler(radioButtonElement1_MouseDown);
radioButtonElement2.MouseDown -= new MouseEventHandler(radioButtonElement2_MouseDown);
radioButtonElement3.MouseDown -= new MouseEventHandler(radioButtonElement3_MouseDown);
base.DisposeManagedResources();
}
protected override SizeF ArrangeOverride(SizeF finalSize)
{
if (this.Children.Count == 4)
{
this.Children[0].Arrange(new RectangleF(0, 0, 50, 20));
this.Children[1].Arrange(new RectangleF(55, 0, 50, 20));
this.Children[2].Arrange(new RectangleF(110, 0, 20, 20));
this.Children[3].Arrange(new RectangleF(180, 0, 50, finalSize.Height));
this.Children[3].Alignment = ContentAlignment.MiddleCenter;
}
return finalSize;
}
public override void Initialize(GridViewColumn column, GridRowElement row)
{
base.Initialize(column, row);
((RadioPrimitive)radioButtonElement1.Children[1].Children[1].Children[0]).BackColor2 = Color.Red;
((RadioPrimitive)radioButtonElement2.Children[1].Children[1].Children[0]).BackColor2 = Color.Blue;
((RadioPrimitive)radioButtonElement3.Children[1].Children[1].Children[0]).BackColor2 = Color.Green;
}
}
// Add Labor Time column
RadioButtonColumn column = new RadioButtonColumn("LaborTime");
column.HeaderText = "Labor Time";
column.Width = 400;
this.gvLaborGuide.Columns.Add(column);
It it working, but when i scroll , it has problem.
Please look at the link:
https://www.screencast.com/t/mVJdsfrk

I'd like to bind my RichTextEditor to a text property that contains HTML. If I understand correctly, one needs to import the HTML into the RTE for it to show up as formatted text and then export it to turn it back into HTML.
I'm wondering whether anyone has used the Format() and Parse() methods of Winforms DataBiinding to accomplish this seamlessly?
Or is there perhaps a simpler way of binding to an HTML data source that's provided by this Control?
Thanks in advance.
Michael

I have not found how to select the entire content of a DateTimePicker when it get's focus (OnEnter). I have done this with a MaskedEditBox, but can't seem to get it to work with this control. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

I see you folks have the Office 2016 Theme in UI for WPF but what about UI for WinForms? Is this in the works or being planned for or...?
Any information you can provide would be very much appreciated!
-Curtis
Hi
How can i use a contexMenueStrip on a radGridView ?
I wanna cut a cell and paste it into another but I don't wanna use radGridView cutting property ...

Hello,
I have set up a RadDataEntry for inputting into a custom view model very similarly to the example given in the documentation found here:
http://docs.telerik.com/devtools/winforms/dataentry/validation
What I want to be able to do and have not been able to find a clear way of doing so is to check the validation state of the control. I want to check to make sure none of the fields are in an Invalid state (aka have an error) when the user clicks the Save button. If anything has an error, I want to be able to prevent the Save button from being enabled or saving the data until they fix the errors. Is there a built in way or a standard procedure for checking if any errors exist in the Data Entry control?
Thanks,
