Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
8 answers
1.1K+ views

Can't seem to find an answer that works on the forums anywhere for this one.

When I press enter when in edit mode on a text cell, I want to insert a new line rather than ending the cell edit, but no combination of catching key presses or any other grid or cell events seems to be able to achieve this.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Shane

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2017
2 answers
218 views

I wish I knew a better way to report a Bug other than filling out a Support-Ticket:  I don't need support for this - I'm reporting it to help you folks make a better product.  If I'm in the wrong location or if you folks would like to insist on me creating Support Tickets in the future, please just say the word and i'll make sure it happens.   Now, onto my bug:

 

If you have a RibbonBar with the first tab set Enabled = False, it looks like its using a different font than the rest of the tabs and its chopped off.  I tried this with no Theme, Windows8 and a few others...all the same so I'm pretty sure it's not Theming causing this.

 

Please look at my attached screen snips to see what I'm talking about.

 

Peace, all :)

-C

 

Bug #2

This one is super irritating - when a RadRibbonForm.WindowState = Maximized, the application is NOT maximized.  It's very, very close! But

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2017
8 answers
287 views

Hi..Telerik Team

I am facing problem when add photo album viewer element inside my project. If i am running example from telerik there is no error but when i export into my project there is pop up few error.

I had attach some ss from my project. Appreciate your help to solve my problem.

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 25 Jul 2017
3 answers
242 views

I'm a WinForms developer - have been for a very long time now.  Anyway, as much as I love Visual Studio the one thing that I truly dislike is their color-selector that drops down in the Properties window whenever you click on the ... button.  Ok for selecting System or Web colors its fine but lets face it - that custom color thing they haven't upgraded in YEARS is the worst.

So, ages ago I built my own Color Selector that I use to replace that thing in the IDE but then I discovered Telerik controls a few years back and it hits me!  There's a VERY NICE color selector in these controls which does everything my ancient one did PLUS it includes Web and System colors.

 

Here's my question (if you look at the screenshots I've included this will probably make more sense!)

When I'm in VS's IDE and I'm editing a form or whatever in the Designer and I want to edit one of the colors AND that color is a "Known" color (either System or Web) I'd like to be able to tell the RadColorSelector which tab it should start on (I have ShowBasicColor = False btw)

 

I'm also happy to give this code to anyone who is a subscriber to Telerik UI for WinForms if anyone would like this for their own use I just don't know if Telerik allows that and if they do, where to deposit the source code (it's really pretty easy once you know how its done.)  The only restriction is I happen to like the Windows8 Theme for my dialog boxes regardless of the Theme I'm using for the rest of the application - so that means you'll have to add the Windows8 Theme DLL to your project for this to just plug-in and work.  It would be stupid-easy to just pass in whatever theme you like but for some reason RadColorSelector doesn't play well with some themes....anyway I digress

 

If it's possible to programmatically select the Tab in RadColorSelector I'd very much appreciate anyone showing me how!

Thanks all :)

-C

 

 

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2017
1 answer
454 views

     Hi,

Is it possible to use google address autocomplete for telerik winform ? I want make the textbox autocomplete for address. like this:

https://developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/places-autocomplete

but i think it is only for web form.

 

Thanks.

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2017
2 answers
203 views

HI *,

I try to use OverwritePrompt feature like this:

<p>radBrowseEditor1.DialogType = BrowseEditorDialogType.SaveFileDialog;
</p><p>(radBrowseEditor1.Dialog as SaveFileDialog).OverwritePrompt = false</p>

;

But still having a question "<file path...> does not exist. Do you want to create?"
I would like to omit this question in this case but it seems to be not possible...

Here is the link: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.windows.forms.savefiledialog.overwriteprompt(v=vs.110).aspx

Thanks a lot

Rostislaw

 

 

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2017
3 answers
268 views

Hello, i want to extend functionality of the treeview with a textbox at top for search funtions. I'm trying to make with code similar to this (see below) but Treeview don't have "Item" like TextBox to get the instance. How can i get this functionality?

private static void AddIconToTextBoxElement(RadTextBoxElement textElement, ImagePrimitive icon)

{

    var item = textElement.TextBoxItem;

    textElement.Children.Remove(item);

    icon.SetValue(DockLayoutPanel.DockProperty, Telerik.WinControls.Layouts.Dock.Left);

    var dockPanel = new DockLayoutPanel

    {

        LastChildFill = true

    };     

    dockPanel.Children.Add(icon);

    dockPanel.Children.Add(item);

    textElement.Children.Add(dockPanel);

}

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2017
4 answers
373 views

 

 

    I have three forms .In the form Button Exit Click form is closed but the  Data is not initializing in the Text Box and Gridview.

Dimitar
Telerik team
 answered on 24 Jul 2017
2 answers
119 views

Hi ,

When i click to the line "Click here to add new row" on grid view. It will enter to add new mode. Can i put one more row above a new row like "Please press enter to save" and a new row will be below. Because i want to guide the customer know how to save the new row. Can i do that or some way like that ?

 

Thanks.

Bao
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 22 Jul 2017
18 answers
882 views
I would like to turn off the case sensitive filters in the WinForm GridView.  I've found a few CaseSensitive flags and have set them to  false  but the grid filters are remaining case sensitive.  Here is an example of what I tried:

dataTable.Rows.Clear();
dataTable.BeginLoadData();
   ((logic for adding rows to the data table is here))
dataTable.CaseSensitive = false;
dataTable.EndLoadData();

radGridView.MasterTemplate.BeginUpdate();
radGridView.MasterTemplate.CaseSensitive = false;
radGridView.DataSource = dataTable;
radGridView.GridBehavior.GridControl.CaseSensitive = false;
radGridView.MasterTemplate.EndUpdate();

I am using the following Telerik library:
    WinForms Q3 2011 (version 2011.3.11.1116)

Can you please explain how to turn off case sensitivity for the filters in your WinForm grid control?

Can you also provide the class paths for all the CaseSensitivity flags?
  e.g. 1) radGridView.MasterTemplate.CaseSensitive
         2) radGridView.GridBehavior.GridControl.CaseSensitive
         3) etc...

Thanks so much!
Scott

Dess | Tech Support Engineer, Principal
Telerik team
 answered on 21 Jul 2017
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Shiori
Top achievements
Rank 2
Iron
Tien
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Robert
Top achievements
Rank 1
Rob
Top achievements
Rank 4
Bronze
Bronze
Iron
Geoff
Top achievements
Rank 1
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?