Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
147 views
I have been browsing the forums searching for a solution to a DropDownList problem.  Our users want to be able to type into the drop down list editor and have the drop down list suggest matches in the list or accept whatever text is typed into the editor portion of the control.  We are using a DropDownList with DropDownStyle = DropDown and AutoComplete = Suggest

Currently, when users type in a series of characters in the editor portion of the control which does not match any item in the list, the control refuses to give up focus so users cannot press the "Save" button. 

For example, if the list consists of the following items:

ABC123
ABCXYZ
ABQRSTU
A12345

when the user types "A", the control suggests all four choices.  When the users types "AB", the control suggests the first three choices.  If the user continues typing "ABCD" the control has no suggestions.  At this point, the control will refuse to give up focus so the user can press the "Save" button to save the text entered, namely "ABCD".

in short, we want the drop down list to be both a drop down list and a text box.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!  Thank you "in advance" for your expertise.
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2011
37 answers
570 views
We put the latest build (Q3) on a few weeks ago. Now all of our comboboxes in the grids stopped working. I did not put on the Q2 version back on to confirm, but I (and my other team members) thought they worked in Q2.

Here is what happens:

1) User drops down a combobox in the grid.
2) User selects an entry from the combobox.
3) THE COMBO BOX DOES NOT CLOSE

Can anyone confirm this? Will there be a fix to this soon? Or do I have to write code in every one of our forms to manually close the combobox? If I have to write code, anyone know what that code would look like?

Thanks for any tips!
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2011
7 answers
235 views

Hi

 

I have column GridViewTextBoxColumn.
For some rows I use
RadDropDownListEditor in this column. I have random issue that sometimes drop down list cannot be collapsed by mouse click I have to press enter to collapse drop down list. It works fine in Q2 SP2.

Very bad surprise...

Is there any workaround for this issue in Q3?

 

Regards

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2011
1 answer
177 views
Hello,

Suppose we have a gridview where I grouped data by a column "Date".
Suppose I add an aggregation expression like "Sum" for one or more column.

When the gridview is totally expanded I see first the Group Header Row that show the value of the group.
Under this row I have the result of the sum for each column of the grid.

The problem is when I collapse the Group Header Row, the row that contains the sum result for each column is hide (with the data).

Is there a way to mantain visible the aggregates results row when I collapse the Group Header Row?

I send you as attachments tow picture:
the first image show in the red circle the row I'd like to be visible after the collapse (second image).

thanks for any answer,
Alcide
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2011
4 answers
216 views
I have AllowColumnReorder off on my grid. However, it still allows the user to drag columns. They can't be dropped anywhere, but the client is finding this distracting. They don't want the user to be able to drag a column accidentally and see the circle with the line through it.

Is there a way to disable dragging of the columns?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2011
4 answers
181 views
In our system, you are able to associate multiple staff members to a single Appointment object. 

How would we accomplish showing this on the scheduler? From the looks of it, the scheduler requires a 1 to 1 relation between the staff and the appointment.

Here is a rough example of our structure... Link
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 May 2011
2 answers
169 views
Hi,

i feel like an idiot because i'm not able to find a solution for my quite easy problem:

I got a radDataGrid with 5 Columns, added through dataGrid.DataSource.

Then i added a ComboBoxColumn with name "Status", and NullValue = "False", so all in all i got 6 Columns (1 of them Comboboxcolumn)

If i change the value of the comboboxcolumn from "False" to "True", the whole row should become green.

I really have no idea how to fix this easy problem. And i really searched quite a while.

So what i wanna know: How can i read the current value in the combobox of the comboboxcolumn?
this.radGridView1.Rows[0].Cells["Status"].Value.ToString();
Above code doesn't work. I have really no idea!

Greetings
Christian
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2011
1 answer
148 views

Hi,

I have a RadPanel and I've added an ImagePrimitive to it. I trying set the image in the center of the panel, but image is not centered after resize. After debugging I found out the image get the correct location values (the ones that should be after resize), but the screen displays the values of the previous resize. I've tried refreshing the form but it still doesn’t work.

I'm using Q1 2010 SP2

 

Thanks for your help.

Sharon.
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2011
2 answers
290 views
Hello,

I have a problem with CellFormatting handle of GridView.
I have a column that contains 8-char strings that rappresents a date in the format yyyyMMdd.
In order to make more confortable the visualization of the date to the user, I change the format in dd/MM/yyyy using CellFormatting.

void radGridView1_CellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
{
   base.OnCellFormatting(sender, e);
   GridCellElement ce = e.CellElement;
   ce.Value = ChangeDateFormat(ce.Value);
}

The problem I got in runtime is it seems the GridView apply this cell formatting only for the cells that are currently displayed to the user.
The other cells that are not visible but could be reach using the vertical scrollbar  mantains the old format yyyyMMdd.

As a terrible consequence of this behavior is when I group by the date column, I have some rows with the original format yyyyMMdd, and other rows with the new format dd/MM/yyyy. Although they rappresents the same date (such as 20111012 and 12/10/2011) the grouping engine recognize them as different values and it groups the rows in two different groups.

So I need a suggestion to avoid this problem, what should be the correct method to handle to makes this cell formatting in order to be sure it is done to all the rows.

Another conseguence of the problem is when I export to excel or cvs, the behaviour is pretty like the same: I got some rows with the new format dd/MM/yyyy (exacly the rows that are currently displayed) and the other are saved with the old format (yyyyMMdd).

I suppose this is a sort of mechanism where the cell formatting is applied in runtime only to the displayed cells, probably for speed optimization purpose. In this case for me the cell formatting method is totally unuseless, so I need to know the right way to do the job.

Thanks for any aid
Alcide
Alcide Burato
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 17 May 2011
1 answer
89 views
Hi,

RadschedulerNavigator is having Day View, Week View, Month View and Timeline View.

Is possible showing the schedule in quarterly view and yearly view?

Thanks in advance

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 17 May 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?