Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
147 views
how to make filter by column like group by column in radgridview
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2011
3 answers
246 views
We use Telerik control of versoin 2009.2.9.701. We are going to migrate to 64-bit and would like to know whether it supports 64 bit.

Environment : Windows 7 64 bit.
For a quick test
1. we build the applicaiton using Telerik controls targeting with Platform target as x86 and it ran with out any problem 

But will it work if we build the application (which uses Telerik) with platform target as x64?

Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2011
3 answers
564 views
Hi,

I want to add a context menu when i click on the column header of the Windows form RadGridView control. I also want to add another context menu when i click on a row in the RadGridView.

How could i identify that Colum header is clicked or a row in the RadGridView  is clicked?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 11 Oct 2011
1 answer
211 views
Hi All,

I'm having a strange problem which I can't seem to work out the reason for. I have a series of columns of which one is calculated. When I go to save the values (be it a new row or an update), the field which the calculated column is linked with does not get updated.

My code for creating the calculated column is as follows:

GridViewDecimalColumn col = new GridViewDecimalColumn();
            col.Name = "Total";
            col.HeaderText = "Total";
            col.FormatString = "{0:c0}";
            col.MaxWidth = 90;
            col.MinWidth = 90;
            col.Width = 90;
            col.FieldName = "Total";
            col.FormatInfo = CultureInfo.CreateSpecificCulture("en-GB");
            radGridView1.Columns.Add(col);
            radGridView1.Columns["Total"].Expression = "IsNull(Ink, 0) + IsNull(PB_Products, 0) + IsNull(Office_Supplies, 0) + IsNull(Freight, 0)";
            radGridView1.Columns.Move(11, 9);

For the Save Button, I'm using TableAdapter.Update()

Where abouts have I gone wrong?

Regards,

Guy

Alexander
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2011
1 answer
203 views
I am using the Radcontrol Windows Grid to bind data returned by a 'Select' query.
The piece of code is something like this:

            SqlDataReader dr = null;
            SqlConnection conn = null;
            try
            {
                this.radGridView1.MasterGridViewTemplate.AutoGenerateColumns = true;
                this.radGridView1.GridElement.BeginUpdate();
                DataSet ds = new System.Data.DataSet();
                string connectionString = ConfigurationManager.AppSettings["Conn"];
                conn = new SqlConnection(connectionString);
                SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand("SELECT * FROM Payment");
                cmd.Connection = conn;
                conn.Open();
               SqlDataAdapter da = new SqlDataAdapter();
                da.SelectCommand = cmd;
                da.Fill(ds);
                radGridView1.DataSource = ds.Tables[0].DefaultView;
             }
            catch (Exception ex)
            {
            }
            finally
            {
                conn.Close();
                dr.Dispose();
            }
Although the dataset is returning rows as a resultset, but when the grid loads, it displayes nothing. Is there anything I am missing.
I want to Auto generate the columns.
Thanks,
Saikat

Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 10 Oct 2011
1 answer
224 views
If we add more GroupDescriptors to the collection. Only the first group will be displayed. 

This is our code :

var descriptor1 = new GroupDescriptor(new[]{ new SortDescriptor("Country", ListSortDirection.Ascending) });
var descriptor2 = new GroupDescriptor(new[]{ new SortDescriptor("User", ListSortDirection.Ascending) });
 
radListView1.EnableGrouping = true;
radListView1.ShowGroups = true;
radListView1.GroupDescriptors.Add(descriptor1 );
radListView1.GroupDescriptors.Add(descriptor2 );

Do we still have to do something extra or is this not supported yet?

Kind regards,

Kim
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2011
3 answers
246 views
Are there any guidelines on when to use RadApplicationMenu/ RadCommandBar/ RadMenu/ RadRibbonBar?

I want a tool bar interface at the top of my form (without any drop down menus). All items will have an image and some text. And I also want accelerator key support (put an "&" in item text to underline an alphabet and create a short cut key).

With so many choices, I am not sure which of these is the best control to use.

Most of the above is achievable using RadCommandBar, but it does not have accelerator key support.

Regards.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2011
1 answer
263 views
Hi,

How do I set the default alignment of the command bar to the right?

For example see attached screenshot "before".
What I want to do is display the commandbar on the right by default as shown in screenshot "after".

I have tried setting the Alignment property of CommandBarStripElement to "TopRight", but this does not make a difference.

Regards.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2011
1 answer
94 views
Hi -

 I'm binding my ListView to a class that contains a list which is a list of another class.
 
For instance,  

public class Person
{
  public List<Orders> Orders {get; set;}
}
 
public class Orders
{
   public Guid Id {get; set;}
   public string {get; set;}
}

When I bind the ListView to an instance of the person class,  how could i display specific value for one of the orders on the row that displays for the person class?

Thanks -
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 10 Oct 2011
7 answers
244 views
Hello all,

This is my first post after i started working with Telerik Radcontrols for winforms.
Currently i would like to select multiple rows from the grid and i would like to pin them all (either at top or bottom).

At present, eventhough it is possible to select multiple rows, only the first row is pinned.

Is it possible to extend the rad grid row header context menu, item click event handler ? such an event handler is really available in the first place ? Kindly throw some light guys....
Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 07 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?