Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
3 answers
181 views
Hi Telerik

I'm trying to color the checkmarks in two GridViewCheckBoxColumns in a grid in our app. I have tried the following code but have only succeeded in producing visual gibberish. The entire grid is destroyed - my fault  :-)

Could you please provide some guidance.
Many thanks in advance
regards
Ian Carson

void rgvOperationsGrid_ViewCellFormatting(object sender, CellFormattingEventArgs e)
{
    if (e.ColumnIndex == 2)
    {
        ((RadCheckBoxElement)e.CellElement.Children[0]).CheckMarkPrimitive.CheckElement.ForeColor = Color.DarkGreen;
    }
    else if (e.ColumnIndex == 3)
    {
        ((RadCheckBoxElement)e.CellElement.Children[0]).CheckMarkPrimitive.CheckElement.ForeColor = Color.DarkRed;
    }
}


Ian
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Oct 2011
1 answer
175 views
Hey everyone,

I just started working with the Telerik RadCalendar control, and it looks promising to be able to accomplish what I want. I do, however, seem to be running into an issue. 

Using the arrow keys and space bar to select/deselect dates works great, but when I use the mouse to do this, it is awkward. I found a post relating to the issue, (http://www.telerik.com/community/forums/winforms/calendar-and-datetimepicker/urgent-radcalendar-not-deselect-dates-correctly.aspx) The Telerik representative mentioned that the reason this felt awkward was because of the "Focus Date" feature. 

I understand how this works, but would it be possible to somehow change the color of the "Focus Date" part of the calendar? I think this would help my end users tell the difference between the "Focus Date" and a recently deselected/selected cell. 

Thanks


Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2011
3 answers
476 views
I'd like for images within a RadImageItem to resize as the RadRotator resizes.  Does anyone know how to do this?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you!
Slav
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2011
1 answer
159 views

Hi
I'm using Q2 2011 SP1 (v2011.2.11.0831) and have discovered differences in Appointment.Start + End DateTime values between Dayview Viewtypes and Monthview,Timelineview.

//all views are initialized with
            if (utcPlusOneTimeZone == null)
            {
                //utcPlustOneTimeZoneInfo = new SystemTime.TimeZoneInformation();
                //utcPlustOneTimeZoneInfo = TimeZoneInfo.Local;
                //utcPlustOneTimeZoneInfo.bias = -60;
                //utcPlustOneTimeZoneInfo.daylightBias = -60;
                //utcPlusOneTimeZone = new SchedulerTimeZone(utcPlustOneTimeZoneInfo, "CH");
  
                utcPlusOneTimeZone = new SchedulerTimeZone(TimeZone.CurrentTimeZone);
             }
            switch (vt)
            {
                case SchedulerViewType.Day:
                    if (_dayView == null)
                    {
                        _dayView = radScheduler1.GetDayView();
                        _dayView.DefaultTimeZone = utcPlusOneTimeZone;
                    }
                    break;
                case SchedulerViewType.Month:
                    if (_monthView == null)
                    {
                        _monthView = radScheduler1.GetMonthView();
                        _monthView.DefaultTimeZone = utcPlusOneTimeZone;
                    }
                    break;
                case SchedulerViewType.Timeline:
                    if (_timelineView == null)
                    {
                        _timelineView = radScheduler1.GetTimelineView();
                        _timelineView.DefaultTimeZone = utcPlusOneTimeZone;
                    }
                    break;
  
  
//save function calls webservice
  
                DateTime start = app.Start.ToLocalTime();
                DateTime end = app.End.ToLocalTime();
                if (systemService.ChangePlanningElement(app.ElementGID.ToString(), start,end)) return true;

- Month + Timelineview  :  app.Start.Kind = Unspecified  and ToLocalTime() adds 2hours (utc+1 + Summertime)
- other dayview type      :  app.Start.Kind = Local  and and ToLocalTime()  = 0

 

//Workaround before calling webservice 
TimeSpan tsOffset = app.Start.ToLocalTime() - app.Start; 
DateTime start = app.Start.ToLocalTime() - tsOffset;  //subtracts 0 or Timezonedifference

Why ist MonthCellElement.Date of Type Unspecified with TimezoneOffset=2h and SchedulerCellElement.Date of type Local with TimezoneOffset=0h

Thanks for clearing, Daniel

Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2011
2 answers
170 views

Greetings all

I have a simple winform app that loads a RadGridView and optionally exports it to Excel.  The app works fine in the Development environment and as a standalone exe.  However, when the code is moved to Citrix, the invocation of the RadGridViewExporter.Export method triggers an Excel error: "an error occured and this feature is no longer functioning properly".  Once this error dialog is clicked, the export happens successfully.

I understand from various searches that this is likely a config issue with the server and not a Telerik internal problem.  My hope is that someone has hit this before and might suggest a work-around from the application side.

We are using VS2010, .Net 4.0, and Q2/2011 Radcontrols for Winforms.

Relevant code follows.  Many thanks for any advice.

 

private void Export(String filepath)

{

 

//this.radButtonExport.Enabled = false;

exporter =

 

new RadGridViewExcelExporter();

 

BackgroundWorker worker = new BackgroundWorker();

worker.DoWork +=

new DoWorkEventHandler(DoWork);

 
worker.RunWorkerCompleted +=

 

new RunWorkerCompletedEventHandler(bg_RunWorkerCompleted);

worker.RunWorkerAsync(filepath);

exporter.Progress +=

 

new ProgressHandler(exportProgress);

radProgressBar1.Visible = true;

 

radProgressBar1.Text =

 

string.Format("Exporting to {0}", filepath);

radProgressBar1.Width = radGridView1.Width * 2/3;

}

 

private void DoWork(object sender, DoWorkEventArgs e)

{

exporter.Export(radGridView1, (

 

String)e.Argument, "script results");

}

Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2011
10 answers
282 views
Hello,

I have some strange effects when using Anchor Bottom / Anchor Right with Controls placed on a PageView Page. The Controls do not keep their positions correcty. Also, the Designer (VS2010) seems to garble up sometimes.
Anyone else having issues with this?

Regards
Erwin
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Oct 2011
1 answer
309 views
Hello guys,

How can I expand all rows from hierarchical gridview?

Thank you ,
Victoria.
Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Oct 2011
6 answers
288 views
How do I sort on a aggragated grouped column 
example if I group and sum on product  sold
how would I sort grouping show top seller in desc order
Please so example in VB
Bernd
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Oct 2011
3 answers
275 views
Hello every one, I have a problem with axis gridlines. In my project I need to draw custom gridlines on the chart. On the chart I have to draw those gridlines that I calculated. I tried ArrayList, List, Array for each lines but I could not succeeded. Each line calculated simultaneusly.
Yavor
Telerik team
 answered on 12 Oct 2011
1 answer
253 views
Hey everyone,

Title Correction: radGridView1_CustomGrouping event not firing

I am trying to implement the following example I have found in the Telerik forums to get custom month sorting to work. (Link) I tried setting the CustomDataOperation on the column as the example indicates. When I did that, the Intellisense description stated that the CustomDataOperation property was deprcated and to use EnableCustomGrouping, EnableCustomSorting, etc on the GridView instead. 

I have set all of these properties to true, yet the radGridView1_CustomSorting event does not fire. 

Why? What else is needed? 

Emanuel Varga
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 12 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?