Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
9 answers
594 views
i have download the trial version of your product (WinForms) to test it and give feed back to my boss to decide if this will be useful to buy,
every this is alright except one issue,
pleas have a look on my code

dataGridView1.DataSource = tab; //where tab is returned from the database and have more than 100 row 
 for (int i = 0; i < dataGridView1.Rows.Count; i++)
     {
            try
                {
                    dataGridView1.Rows[i].Cells[0].CellElement.DrawFill = true;
                    dataGridView1.Rows[i].Cells[0].CellElement.BackColor = Color.Red;
                }
                catch
                { }
       }    
the loop stop every time on row number 9
it throw exception "Object reference not set to an instance of an object" on CellElement (CellElement is null)
is that because its a trial version?
i don't want to use Cell Formatting Event cuz this will not be helpful for me 
thanks
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
1 answer
421 views
Hi,

Is there a way of counting the visible rows after applying a filter?
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
4 answers
191 views
I am having a strange problem theming the RadListView control using the Visual Style Builder in Telerik RadControls for WinForms, Q2 2011, SP1. RadListView no longer appears in the Controls structure at all, for any of the themes! Here is the sequence of events that lead to this:

1) I exported all of the built-in themes to *.TSSP files.

2) I then opened the Office2010Silver.tssp package to use as a starting point for my custom theme.

3) I made some modifications to the theme for the RadButton and RadListView elements.

4) I saved it under a new name (say MySilver.tssp).

5) I integrated it into my application to test it.

6) I found some issues with my RadListView theming, made some changes, saved, and tested again.

7) Now I can't see the RadListView element in ANY of the themes, either the built-in ones or my custom theme, even if I exit and re-start Visual Style Builder.

I would appreciate any help that you can offer. Thanks!

-- John J. Szucs, Venio, Inc.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
1 answer
233 views
Hi,
I have a problem in exportin data from one RadGridView to Excel.

I am usig the method bellow but I receive an error: 


Dim
excelExporter As New ExportToExcelML(Me.adminGridView)  

excelExporter.SheetName = "SituatieGala"  

excelExporter.ExportVisualSettings = 

True  

excelExporter.RunExport(fs.FileName)

When I am trying to create the variable excelExporter I receive the attached jpg's error!

Also I have made the necesary imports:

 

Imports Telerik.WinControls  

Imports Telerik.Data Imports 

Telerik.WinControls.UI.Export 

Imports System.IO

 

Martin Vasilev
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
1 answer
190 views
Hi,

We are using telerik controls for our winforms project. When we add themes to that project it loads really slow

Is it possible to add themes runtime after user select or change any theme ??

Regards,

Dishant
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
1 answer
231 views
Hi,

I am using RadDropdownList and tool tips dont appear to the items in the list.I set the Auto tool tip property to all the elements.
Also ,I cannot scroll thru the list using up and down arrow keys in the auto suggest list
Also the suto suggest list does a '<typedtext>%' search.Is there any setting that does the '%typedtext%' search
Peter
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
1 answer
335 views
Hi,

We are using telerik controls for our winforms project. When we add themes to that project it loads really slow

Is it possible to add themes runtime after user select or change any theme ??

Regards,

Dishant


Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
1 answer
990 views
Hi,
I am developing an application in which I need to get the active page on a radpageview in order to make different settings for each page. For example when I am in page 0 I would like to block the button maximize from the application, but on the other hand, when I click on page 1 I need to leave the user to maximize the window if he wants this.

Can this be done? If Yes then what is the event that recognize the page changes from radpageview and how do I get the active page name or index?

Thanks
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
1 answer
546 views
Hi, I have a problem with autoscale on RadChart
I want Y-Axis to autoscale and this works just fine if values in the dataset i'm binding has variations in it's y-values.
But if values in Y-axis is constant, then autoscale does not seem to trigger ?
I have set IsZeroBased=false.

Any Ideas ?

//Mats
 
Peshito
Telerik team
 answered on 20 Oct 2011
1 answer
173 views
When using the gridviewcomboboxcolumn, shouldn't the cell's value be set to the Value of the combobox and not the text?  

here is the code I am using to add the items to the combobox.  It is always choosing the text of the combobox instead of the value.


oCombobox = CType((CType(e.ActiveEditor, RadDropDownListEditor)).EditorElement, RadDropDownListEditorElement)
oCombobox.Items.Add(New RadListDataItem("Boolean", GetType(Boolean).ToString))
oCombobox.Items.Add(New RadListDataItem("Date", GetType(DateTime).ToString))
oCombobox.Items.Add(New RadListDataItem("Numeric", GetType(Double).ToString))
oCombobox.Items.Add(New RadListDataItem("Text", GetType(String).ToString))

What am doing wrong?
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?