Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
1 answer
162 views
Good morning

i have a doubt  regarding the schedule. in the control there is a posibility to navigate through of the control with click in next appointment and back appoinment and i need to know which event is triggered.. when i do click in the control.. i couldn't find yet.. and i need to do something specific..

somebody could you help me..
Thanks a lot.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
139 views
I'm trying to figure out how to style DropDownList objects and MultiColumnComboBox objects such that they appear the same on a form.  Understandably, they look different when they're activated / expanded - but there should be some means of styling them such that they don't look like radically different controls when they're idle.
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
5 answers
196 views
Good morning.
Is it possibile to prevent the user to set multiple day appointmens? I want to force the user not to extend appointments across more then one day, neither by dragging with the mouse nor by input values in the dialog window.

Thank you
Gianfranco Pesenato
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
285 views
Hi, 

i am looking at the Samples for the latest Release (Q2 2011 SP1) of the tools and 
I found the GridView/Custom Filtering sample very usefull.
However, my Grid is bound to the Data using the  AutoGenerateHierarchy feature.
The Grid is bound to  the BindingSource which is bound to a BindingList<T> which
is basically 3 Levels deep. The binding works great... I get 3 levels hierachical Grid.

I would love to apply the mentioned sample of Custom Formatting to the whole Grid Data,
e.g. the Text entered in the Filter TextBox should be searched in each Column and in each Row in every Level
of the hierarchy. Is that possible? If not, do you have a suggestion for me how to filter the Grid without
drilling down manually in every Level of it?

Thanks and best regards,
Darko


Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
210 views
Can the resource height be changed?
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
1 answer
318 views
Hello,

In the ASP.NET version of your components the RadTextBox also contains a password strength bar (depending on the password strength the bar colors green/yellow/red. 

Is there a possibility to have the same functionality in the Winforms version of the components?

Thank you
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 19 Oct 2011
2 answers
297 views
Hello,

I need some help here. Here is my situation:

I have a binding list which contains another binding list which I use as data source. below is an example:

Objects:

public class test
{
        public string name { get; set; }
        public BindingList<childs> childlist { get; set; }
}
public class childs
{
        public string childname { get; set; }
}

I populate my radgrid by code. below is a preview:
private void form_Load(object sender, EventArgs e)
 {
            BindingList<test> testlist = new BindingList<test>();
 
            /** I populate my list with data. I wont show this here. After the list is populated: **//
 
            this.raggrid.MasterTemplate.Columns.Clear();
            this.raggrid.MasterTemplate.AutoGenerateColumns = true;
            this.raggrid.MasterTemplate.AutoSizeColumnsMode = GridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.Fill;
            this.raggrid.MasterTemplate.Columns.Add(new GridViewTextBoxColumn("name", "name"));
 
            GridViewTemplate template = new GridViewTemplate();
            this.raggrid.Templates.Add(template);
            template.Columns.Add(new GridViewTextBoxColumn("name", "childname"));
            template.AutoSizeColumnsMode = GridViewAutoSizeColumnsMode.Fill;
            GridViewRelation relation = new GridViewRelation(this.raggrid.MasterTemplate, template);
            relation.ChildColumnNames.Add("childlist");
            this.raggrid.Relations.Add(relation);
            this.raggrid.DataSource = testlist;
}

The populating step works fine. But now, when the user edits the detail grid(named template from the code), I must update the binding list accordingly (named testlist from the code). I cannot seem to trigger an event when I edit the child grid. How do I achieve this?

PS: When I update the master template the binding list gets updated automatically as expected, but when I update the template I use as detail, it does not update the biding list.
Thanks,

Yash
Yash
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 18 Oct 2011
7 answers
275 views
Hi all,


Retaining Gridview filtering:
I have radgrid in my form.
My requirement is i am giving filter conditions to some columns.
Now I want to edit a row,so after I go to the edit page and return to the grid I want to see my grid in the same page.
 grid will be lost upon Rebind(). After Update also i want to maintain same filtering conditions.

How can i achieve this??
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2011
1 answer
265 views
Hi
How to set one column of RadGridView and doesn't allow moving position. 
Example:
I have Columns: A B C
A: fixed
B and C: switch together
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2011
2 answers
194 views
Hi Telerik,

This isn't a question (unless you see ways to improve the class). Just giving a little back for all the help you guys have passed my way in the last year.

The class below allows a button to be placed in the Group Header cells of a grouped GridView and be able to subscribe to the button's clickevent. The event args pass back the GridViewGroupRowInfo. I'm using it to be able to identify and manipulate only the data rows associated with the particular group in question.

Hope some finds it useful
Regards
Ian

 
{
    public delegate void GroupHeaderCellButtonClickEventHandler(object sender, GroupHeaderButtonClickEventArgs e);
  
    public partial class CustomGridView : RadGridView
    {
        public event GroupHeaderCellButtonClickEventHandler GroupHeaderCellButtonClick;
  
        public CustomGridView()
        {
            InitializeComponent();
            base.CreateCell += new GridViewCreateCellEventHandler(CustomGridView_CreateCell);
        }
  
        void CustomGridView_CreateCell(object sender, GridViewCreateCellEventArgs e)
        {
  
            if (e.CellType == typeof(GridGroupContentCellElement) && e.Row.GetType() == typeof(GridGroupHeaderRowElement))
            {
                e.CellElement = new RadCustomGroupContentCell(e.Column, e.Row);
                RadCustomGroupContentCell cellElement = (RadCustomGroupContentCell)e.CellElement;
                cellElement.InternalGroupHeaderCellButtonClick+=new GroupHeaderCellButtonClickEventHandler(cellElement_InternalGroupHeaderCellButtonClick);
            }
        }
  
  
        void  cellElement_InternalGroupHeaderCellButtonClick(object sender, GroupHeaderButtonClickEventArgs e)
        {
            if (GroupHeaderCellButtonClick != null)
            {
                GroupHeaderCellButtonClick(sender, e);
            }
        }
  
        public override string ThemeClassName
        {
            get
            {
                return typeof(RadGridView).FullName;
            }
            set
            { }
        }
  
        protected internal class RadCustomGroupContentCell : GridGroupContentCellElement
        {
            public event GroupHeaderCellButtonClickEventHandler InternalGroupHeaderCellButtonClick;
            RadButtonElement theButton;
  
            public RadCustomGroupContentCell(GridViewColumn column, GridRowElement row)
                : base(column, row)
            {
  
            }
  
            protected override void DisposeManagedResources()
            {
                theButton.Click -= new EventHandler(theButton_Click);
                base.DisposeManagedResources();
            }
  
            void theButton_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
            {
                InternalGroupHeaderCellButtonClick(sender, new GroupHeaderButtonClickEventArgs((GridViewGroupRowInfo)this.RowInfo));
            }
  
            protected override void CreateChildElements()
            {
                base.CreateChildElements();
  
                theButton = new RadButtonElement();
                theButton.Click += new EventHandler(theButton_Click);
                theButton.Text = "Insert";
                theButton.TextImageRelation = System.Windows.Forms.TextImageRelation.ImageBeforeText;
                theButton.Image = Resources.InsertRow16;
                this.Children.Add(theButton);
            }
  
            protected override SizeF ArrangeOverride(SizeF finalSize)
            {
                SizeF size = base.ArrangeOverride(finalSize);
  
                float buttonX =2;
                float buttonY = 4;
  
                RectangleF buttonRectangle = new RectangleF(buttonX, buttonY, theButton.DesiredSize.Width + 4, theButton.DesiredSize.Height + 2);
                theButton.Arrange(buttonRectangle);
  
                float buttonAndTextX = theButton.DesiredSize.Width + 4;
                RectangleF clientRect = new RectangleF(buttonAndTextX + buttonX, 0, finalSize.Width - buttonAndTextX - buttonX, finalSize.Height + 4);
                this.layoutManagerPart.Arrange(clientRect);
  
                return size;
            }
  
            protected override Type ThemeEffectiveType
            {
                get
                {
                    return typeof(GridGroupContentCellElement);
                }
                set
                { }
            }
        }
    }
}


The Event args look like this although more could be added as needed I imagine

public class GroupHeaderButtonClickEventArgs:EventArgs
{
    public GridViewGroupRowInfo GroupRowInfo
    { get; set; }
    public GroupHeaderButtonClickEventArgs(GridViewGroupRowInfo groupRowInfo)
    {
        this.GroupRowInfo = groupRowInfo;
    }
}
Svett
Telerik team
 answered on 18 Oct 2011
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?