Telerik Forums
UI for WinForms Forum
2 answers
380 views
Hi!

I was wondering if it was possible to only display working hours in the scheduler instead of the whole day?

Thanks.

Sarah
Sarah
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 14 Mar 2012
2 answers
173 views
Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a grid similar to the iTunes one (in Artist mode). This is just a regular grid (no problem here), but the first colum doesn't show a row for each record, but an image for all the records that share this image (in this case, the cover image for all the tracks in an album). I have attached an screenshot to show what I'm talking about.

My question is, is it possible to implement this with GridView and, if so, how? If not, and although I know this is a bit off topic, which controls combination could I use to replicate this interface?

Thank you very much.
Joaquín
Top achievements
Rank 2
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
2 answers
121 views
Hi All,

I've got a WinForms app with a RadRibbonBar and various groups of buttons, which all work fine ... apart from one.  I've just added a Split button as I need to have additional options when "Previewing", but don't seem to be able to use the main button part as a normal Click event, without the sub-items showing, and clicking on the "Arrow" to show sub-items causes a click event on the main button as well.

Is there a way to stop the RadSplitButton from showing the dropdown of child items when clicking the "main surface" of the button (as this would be the normal action), and then ONLY show the sub-item collection when you click on the Arrow, as with Microsoft behaviour for the Ribbon Bar?

Thanks in advance,
Paul
Stefan
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
1 answer
121 views
hello i am facing this problem : for any keypress on the combobox, the window where I use this multicolumn combo box is closing and this error appears:
"System.InvalidCastException: Unable to cast object of type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadMultiColumnComboBox' to type 'Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView'."
i am using q2 2009.
thanks in advance
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
1 answer
262 views

Hi,

I am trying to to save and load the grid layout settings to/from a file. i am able to save the layout settings to a file but unable to load from the file, getting the below error. Here i have created custom header cell for my grid.

Could you please help me in resolving this issue?

Below is the code  snipper for Save / Laod

private void SaveLayout_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.radGridView1.SaveLayout(@"C:\\xyz.xml");
        }
  
private void RestoreLayout_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            this.radGridView1.LoadLayout(@"C:\\xyz.xml");
        }

Stack Tracer of the issue:
at System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandleInternal& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck)
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
  at System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceDefaultCtor(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean skipCheckThis, Boolean fillCache)
  at System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic)
  at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.RuntimeInstanceFactory.CreateInstance(Type instanceType)
  at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadMergeCollection(XmlReader reader, Object parent, PropertyDescriptor parentProperty, IList toRead, String uniquePropertyName, Boolean preserveNotSerializedExistingElements, Boolean disposeObjects)
  at Telerik.WinControls.UI.GridViewLayoutSerializer.ProcessListOverride(XmlReader reader, Object listOwner, PropertyDescriptor ownerProperty, IList list)
  at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadElementInObject(XmlReader reader, PropertyDescriptor property, Object toRead)
  at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadObjectElement(XmlReader reader, Object parentObject, Object toRead)
  at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadElementInObject(XmlReader reader, PropertyDescriptor property, Object toRead)
  at Telerik.WinControls.XmlSerialization.ComponentXmlSerializer.ReadObjectElement(XmlReader reader, Object parentObject, Object toRead)
  at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.LoadLayout(XmlReader xmlReader)
  at Telerik.WinControls.UI.RadGridView.LoadLayout(String fileName)
  at GridApplication.Form1.RestoreLayout_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e) in E:\Telerik POC\GridApplication\GridApplication\Form1.cs:line 200
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.DebuggableCallback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
  at System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessageW(MSG& msg)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
  at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
  at GridApplication.Program.Main() in E:\Telerik POC\GridApplication\GridApplication\Program.cs:line 18
  at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(RuntimeAssembly assembly, String[] args)
  at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
  at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean ignoreSyncCtx)
  at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
  at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Thanks & Regards
Muralidhar Dasari
Jack
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
1 answer
121 views
Just reporting what I think might be a bug.
This happens in a scheduler in weekview mode with the RightToLeft property set to True (2011 Q3):
When for example the last time slot of the Wednesday is selected, if DOWN arrow is pressed, the first time slot of Tuesday will be selected. It goes back instead of going forward to the next day.
The same problem exists with the UP arrow. It goes to next day instead of previous day.
Ivan Todorov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
5 answers
246 views
In my app, i have an radpanelbar that is populated at runtime with multiple radpanelbargroupelements (variable number, depending on the user's role), where in each of those elements, there is a radgridview.

I want to give the user the possibility to choose his layout: outlook, explorer, list,toolbox.

I works fine in outlook and list style.

When choosing explorer style, i want each radpanelbargroupelement to expand and evenly fill the available space in the radpanelbar.

The expanding works, but i cannot set the height of the contentpanel to take up as much space to evenly fill the radpanelbar.
I can this be done?

walter
Nikolay
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
1 answer
210 views
Hi

I can bring my toolwindow outside the my main program it is working great. Floating function works fine. But Sometime our customer want to some new features. They bring toolwindow outside program and minimize main program they only want to see toolwindow. but they dont see. cause when they minimize main program (main program owner the dock (toowindow)) toolwindow minimize together main form. how can I block this. Forexample if your toolwindow is floating after you want to minimize your main program. I dont want to minimize the toolwindow in this time. How can I do this.

I use Telerik 2011 Q2

Best Regards
Julian Benkov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
2 answers
272 views
Hi!

I'm trying to insert a single item in a DataList, but i only get a null point exception (Object reference not set to an instance of an object..) If i "add" the same item first and then "insert" it's working, but not with insert alone...

This is not working:
lvServiceResult.Items.Insert(0, new ListViewDataItem(text + @"..."));

This is working:
lvServiceResult.Items.Add(new ListViewDataItem(text + @"..."));
lvServiceResult.Items.Insert(0, new ListViewDataItem(text + @"..."));

Any ideas?

BR,
Erlend Haukland
Øystein Olsen Holt
Top achievements
Rank 1
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
2 answers
121 views
Hello,
I have downloaded the trial version of winforms. I cant add most of the components from toolbox, it gives the following error.


Also every time i built my project it gives to following error.


My System is:
Windows 7
Visual Studio 2010 with SP1
Ivan Petrov
Telerik team
 answered on 13 Mar 2012
Narrow your results
Selected tags
Tags
GridView
General Discussions
Scheduler and Reminder
Treeview
Dock
RibbonBar
Themes and Visual Style Builder
ChartView
Calendar, DateTimePicker, TimePicker and Clock
DropDownList
Buttons, RadioButton, CheckBox, etc
ListView
ComboBox and ListBox (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
Form
Chart (obsolete as of Q1 2013)
PageView
MultiColumn ComboBox
TextBox
RichTextEditor
PropertyGrid
Menu
RichTextBox (obsolete as of Q3 2014 SP1)
Panelbar (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
PivotGrid and PivotFieldList
Tabstrip (obsolete as of Q2 2010)
MaskedEditBox
PdfViewer and PdfViewerNavigator
CommandBar
ListControl
Carousel
GanttView
Diagram, DiagramRibbonBar, DiagramToolBox
Panorama
New Product Suggestions
VirtualGrid
Toolstrip (obsolete as of Q3 2010)
Label
AutoCompleteBox
Spreadsheet
ContextMenu
Panel
Visual Studio Extensions
TitleBar
SplitContainer
Documentation
Map
DesktopAlert
CheckedDropDownList
ProgressBar
MessageBox
TrackBar
Rotator
SpinEditor
CheckedListBox
StatusStrip
Wizard
CollapsiblePanel
LayoutControl
ShapedForm
SyntaxEditor
TextBoxControl
Conversational UI, Chat
DateTimePicker
TabbedForm
CAB Enabling Kit
WaitingBar
GroupBox
DataEntry
ScrollablePanel
ScrollBar
ImageEditor
Tools - VSB, Control Spy, Shape Editor
BrowseEditor
DataFilter
FileDialogs
ColorDialog
Gauges (RadialGauge, LinearGauge, BulletGraph)
ApplicationMenu
RangeSelector
CardView
WebCam
NavigationView
BindingNavigator
RibbonForm
Styling
Barcode
PopupEditor
TaskBoard
Callout
ColorBox
PictureBox
FilterView
Accessibility
VirtualKeyboard
DataLayout
Licensing
ToastNotificationManager
ValidationProvider
CalculatorDropDown
Localization
TimePicker
BreadCrumb
ButtonTextBox
FontDropDownList
BarcodeView
Overlay
Security
LocalizationProvider
Dictionary
TreeMap
StepProgressBar
SplashScreen
Flyout
Separator
SparkLine
ToolbarForm
NotifyIcon
DateOnlyPicker
AI Coding Assistant
Rating
TimeSpanPicker
Calculator
OfficeNavigationBar
TaskbarButton
HeatMap
SlideView
PipsPager
AIPrompt
TaskDialog
TimeOnlyPicker
SpeechToTextButton
SmartPasteButton
+? more
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Top users last month
Jake
Top achievements
Rank 1
RBarnes
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Iron
Rami
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Nathan
Top achievements
Rank 1
Kumeri
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Veteran
Iron
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?
Want to show your ninja superpower to fellow developers?