This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Where is the shared connection string stored by Report Designer -version 14.1.20.513

2 Answers 360 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
SL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
SL asked on 29 Jun 2020, 10:03 PM

I have been reading https://www.telerik.com/support/kb/reporting/details/how-to-edit-connection-strings-saved-by-the-standalone-report-designer- 

to view the connection strings that I have created, but for some reason I do not see a Telerik_EAD. The Telerik_AD is for an older version of Reports and does not have the named connection strings.

Where is the shared connection string stored by Report Designer?  I'm at version 14.1.20.513?

Thanks.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Eric R | Senior Technical Support Engineer
Telerik team
answered on 30 Jun 2020, 03:01 PM

Hi SL,

The user.config file is now located in the Progress_Software_Corpora folder. For example, that specific version uses the %LocalAppData%\Progress_Software_Corpora\Telerik.ReportDesigner.ex_StrongName_xvg2ahozm2u22wxtsw2egsvlddrzt5hj\14.1.20.513 folder. See the below screenshot for reference.

Please let me know if you need any additional information. Thank you for using the Reporting Forums.

Regards,

Progress Telerik

Progress is here for your business, like always. Read more about the measures we are taking to ensure business continuity and help fight the COVID-19 pandemic.
Our thoughts here at Progress are with those affected by the outbreak.
SL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 30 Jun 2020, 03:10 PM

It gets confusing sometimes with all the features and settings and version changes. Would be nice to have the doc updated though as I went to the doc and searched for "report designer connection"

https://docs.telerik.com/reporting/search?q=report+designer+connection

and I got older info.

Thank you Eric. 

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
SL
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by