When i Trying to load More than 500 Rows Rad combobox gets very Slow while Filterin Text

2 posts, 0 answers
  1. Ashok
    Ashok avatar
    23 posts

Posted 09 Mar 2011 Link to this post

Hi

When i try to use more than 500 or i'm using 5000 to 10000 Records in RadCombobox , it is getting very slow while searching the text.
    i seen the Demo link in that You are using upto 100 Records only.. so only it was fast.
    See my Code and Give me the solution.

<

telerik:RadComboBox ID="RadComboBox3" AllowCustomText="true" runat="server" Width="289px" Filter

="Contains"

Height="200px" DataSourceID="SqlDataSource1" DataTextField="BillingName"

EmptyMessage

="Select Test......">

</telerik:RadComboBox

>

<

asp:SqlDataSource ID="SqlDataSource1" runat="server"

ConnectionString="<%$ ConnectionStrings:TestConString %>"

SelectCommand

="SELECT [BillingID], [BillingName] FROM [tblbillingmaster] where [flag]=0">

</asp:SqlDataSource

>

Regards,
    Ashok Anbarasu.

2. Shinu
    Shinu avatar
    17764 posts

Posted 09 Mar 2011 Link to this post

Hello Ashok,

The best approach to optimize the performance speed of Telerik RadComboBox when using huge amount of items is using the load-on-demand feature.  The load-on-demand mechanism loads the items only when the user types or clicks in the field or the drop-arrow image. It filters the Items server-side before they are loaded in the control and the Filter feature performs filtering at client-side.
    And I recommend you to retrieve data in portions - with use of ShowMoreResultsBox and VirtualScrolling options.

Take a look at the this demo which demonstrates the various Load On Demand Modes.

Thanks,
    Shinu.