Weird visual glitches in title bar of RadWindow

4 posts, 1 answers
  1. Phil
    Phil avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 18 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    I have no idea really what I did to cause this. The popup RadWindow has strange visual glitches in the title bar area. I just wanted to make a basic, normal RadWindow as a popup from clicking a button in the parent page.

    Here's the code for the popup window BatchAccounts.aspx:
    <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
    <head id="Head1" runat="server">
        <title>Add Batch Accounts</title>
        <link href="/Styles/mainLight.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
        <script language="javascript" type="text/javascript">
            function GetRadWindow() {
                var oWindow = null;
                if (window.radWindow) oWindow = window.radWindow;
                else if (window.frameElement.radWindow) oWindow = window.frameElement.radWindow;
                return oWindow;
            }
     
            function CloseAndRebind(args) {
                GetRadWindow().BrowserWindow.refreshGrid(args);
                GetRadWindow().close();
            }
     
            function returnToParent() {
                var oArg = new Object();
                //get a reference to the current RadWindow
                var oWnd = GetRadWindow();
                oWnd.close();
            }
     
        </script>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <div id="mainArea">
            <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server" />
            <telerik:RadAjaxLoadingPanel runat="server" ID="LoadingPanel1" IsSticky="true" />
            <telerik:RadAjaxPanel runat="server" ID="RadAjaxPanel1" LoadingPanelID="LoadingPanel1">
                Add Batch Accounts TEST
            </telerik:RadAjaxPanel>
        </div>
        </form>
    </body>
    </html>
  2. Answer
    Princy
    Princy avatar
    17421 posts
    Member since:
    Mar 2007

    Posted 19 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    Hello Phil,

    I suppose you have some global CSS styles applied to elements like: TABLE, TR, TD, UL and/or LI. If you have one, it will apply some additional styles to the controls.
    Here is the sample page that I tried. This worked as expected.
    aspx:
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
    </head>
    <body>
        <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </asp:ScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="rw1" runat="server" VisibleOnPageLoad="true" Width="300" Height="300"
            Top="50" Left="20" EnableShadow="true" Behaviors="Default">
        </telerik:RadWindow>
        </form>
    </body>

    For the same page I have applied the style for the elements TABLE, TR, TD, UL and/or LI. It breaks the window design.
    <head runat="server">
        <title></title>
        <style type="text/css">
        table, tr, ul, li, td {padding: 10px; height: 40px;}
        </style>
    </head>
    <body>
     <form id="form1" runat="server">
        <asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server">
        </asp:ScriptManager>
        <telerik:RadSkinManager ID="rs1" runat="server" ShowChooser="true"></telerik:RadSkinManager>
        <br /><br />
        <telerik:RadWindow ID="rw1" runat="server" VisibleOnPageLoad="true" Width="300" Height="300"
            Top="50" Left="20" EnableShadow="true" Behaviors="Default">
        </telerik:RadWindow>
     </form>
    </body>

    Thanks,
    Princy.
  3. Phil
    Phil avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 19 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    I shall take a look and see if there is anything like that in the code. I moved on from this point just ignorning the little glitch so the page has actual content now. I've been using the VS designer for the most part so who knows what it's putting in there.
  4. Phil
    Phil avatar
    4 posts
    Member since:
    Oct 2011

    Posted 19 Oct 2011 Link to this post

    Yes, indeed you were correct. We found a stray li {margin} css element in the parent page. We removed it and it is now working as expected. Thanks!
Back to Top