I have developed a web app using a webservice. Everything works fine in the development environment. I have moved the webservice to the production server in a test folder behind my main website. I can browse to the published service localy on the production server and i can access the remote service from my development machine.
If I run my web app in my development environment I can use the remote webservice no problem. If I move the web application to the production environment the browser outputs this error when the application performs the ajax login method.
Error: Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException: An unknown error occurred while processing the request on the server.
The status code returned from the server was: 500
Source File: http://www.grav80.com/clients/callswharf/Redshift/Telerik.Web.UI.WebResource.axd?_TSM_HiddenField_=RadScriptManager1_HiddenField&compress=1&_TSM_CombinedScripts_=%3b%3bSystem.Web.Extensions%2c+Version%3d184.108.40.206%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d31bf3856ad364e35%3aen-US%3a1247b7d8-6b6c-419f-a45f-8ff264c90734%3aea597d4b%3ab25378d2%3bTelerik.Web.UI%2c+Version%3d2009.2.826.35%2c+Culture%3dneutral%2c+PublicKeyToken%3d121fae78165ba3d4%3aen-US%3ad2d891f5-3533-469c-b9a2-ac7d16eb23ff%3a16e4e7cd%3a86526ba7%3aed16cbdc%3ab7778d6c
The Following error appears in the event log
Exception type: WebException
Exception message: Unable to connect to the remote server
Request URL: http://www.grav80.com/clients/callswharf/redshift/login.aspx
Request path: /clients/callswharf/redshift/login.aspx
User host address: 220.127.116.11
Is authenticated: False
Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE
You can view the behaviour in the test environment here.
You can view the service here