This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Webresource error

5 Answers 58 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Paul asked on 15 Jan 2016, 03:03 PM
Occasionally on a website I am getting a webresource error now I followed this site, http://www.telerik.com/blogs/debugging-asp-net-2-0-web-resources-decrypting-the-url-and-getting-the-resource-name ,and decrypted the web resource url. It seems to be throwing the error at pTelerik.Web.UI|Telerik.Web.UI.Skins.Default.Editor.ToolbarSprites.gif . I do have several pages that have a radeditor, but the decryption did not specify as to where the error occurred. Now, some of them have the skin to default where as the others don't have a skin set, of which I don't think it will matter. The only thing I can think of is that the skins dll and web ui dll are different versions. Now the error happens randomly. The skins dll is 2014 ver. whereas ui dll is 2015 ver. Would that cause the issue, and if not what else could cause it?

5 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 18 Jan 2016, 04:23 PM
Hi Paul,

Using different versions of the Telerik DLLs in one and the same project is highly not recommended scenario that usually leads to many errors. The main reason behind this requirement is that we are introducing many new features (and updating others) in each release, which are expecting specific resources from the Telerik.Web.UI.Skins dll.

I would advice that you upgrade your project with one and the same version of all Telerik DLLs and see whether the issue will persist.

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 10 Feb 2016, 03:18 PM
The dlls are both the same version now, and the error is still happening. Do you know what possible causes that it would be doing this?
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2016, 10:44 AM
Hi Paul,

Can you elaborate on the exact way you have upgraded you project? I am asking you that as sometimes not all references of the project gets updated properly and there may be some cached references pointing to the previously used version. Can you try upgrading the project following the steps form this blog post and see whether the result is the same? - Upgrade Your Telerik ASP.NET Controls in 6 Easy Steps

In case the problem persist after that, please send us a simplified version of your project where the issue can be replicated so we can examine the cause for it on our side.

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Feedback Portal and vote to affect the priority of the items
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
answered on 23 Feb 2016, 05:03 PM
The question I have was when the project was in VS 2008. The project is now in VS 2012 using ver 2015.3.930.40. The project was not converted. In 2012, it was created as a whole new project. The reason for the change was in conjunction to the front end site we were making for a client. The site in issue is an admin site, in which users can control content to the front end site.
Vessy
Telerik team
answered on 26 Feb 2016, 02:25 PM
Hi Paul,

I am afraid that I cannot be of much further help without being able to reproduce and search for the cause of the problem on my side. The only remaining suggestion I can give you with the current information is to disable all kind of customization applied on your side (CSS styles, custom skins, etc) and see whether the root of the problem is not there.

If this does not help, though, please, follow the steps from this blog post and send us a runnable version of your project in which we can reproduce and examine the problem.

Regards,
Vessy
Telerik
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Paul
Top achievements
Rank 1
Iron
Answers by
Vessy
Telerik team
Paul
Top achievements