This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

web.config registration missing! Error in SharePoint 2010

2 Answers 143 Views
Spell
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
PeteV
Top achievements
Rank 1
PeteV asked on 01 Jun 2011, 03:47 PM
Hi,

I am trying to get the RadSpell control to work in a custom pagelayout in SharePoint 2010.

I have added the control but I continually get the web.config registration entries missing error, regardless of what entries I add to the web.config file.

I have followed the directions supplied by this KB article. Including renaming the aspx to axd as suggested for running this in MOSS, but to no avail.

Please, note that the solutions above will not work for MOSS 2007 and MVC applications. To fix the problem:

1. open the web.config file and replace Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx with Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd
  2. set the RadEditor's DialogHandlerUrl property to "~/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.axd"
If I follow the instructions above I get the following stack trace

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
   Telerik.Web.UI.RadSpell.ResetDialogDefinition() +1388
   ASP._controltemplates_clsg_reportsclass_ascx.__BuildControlradSpellCheck() +135
   ASP._controltemplates_clsg_reportsclass_ascx.__BuildControlTree(_controltemplates_clsg_reportsclass_ascx __ctrl) +186
   System.Web.UI.ControlBuilder.BuildChildren(Object parentObj) +424
   System.Web.UI.TemplateBuilder.InstantiateIn(Control container) +437
   System.Web.UI.WebControls.ContentBuilderInternal.InstantiateIn(Control container) +34
   ASP.PORTAL_MASTER_1110935397.__BuildControlPlaceHolderMain() +176
   ASP.PORTAL_MASTER_1110935397.__BuildControlMSO_ContentDiv() +1205
   ASP.PORTAL_MASTER_1110935397.__BuildControlForm1() +589
   ASP.PORTAL_MASTER_1110935397.__BuildControlHtml1() +300
   ASP.PORTAL_MASTER_1110935397.__BuildControlTree(PORTAL_MASTER_1110935397 __ctrl) +88
   System.Web.UI.MasterPage.CreateMaster(TemplateControl owner, HttpContext context, VirtualPath masterPageFile, IDictionary contentTemplateCollection) +1304
   System.Web.UI.Page.get_Master() +68
   System.Web.UI.Page.ApplyMasterPage() +17
   System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +57
   System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1255

What am I doing wrong?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Peter

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Rumen
Telerik team
answered on 03 Jun 2011, 04:08 PM
Hi Peter,

For your convenience I am pasting below the content of another ticket which shows how to configure RadSpell to spell check the content of RadEditor for MOSS. It could be helpful for your scenario:

1. Add a @ Register directive for the RadSpell control on top of your page (make sure the version matches the one you have installed):

<%@ Register TagPrefix="telerik" Assembly="RadEditorSharePoint, Version=5.x.x.x, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=1f131a624888eeed" Namespace="Telerik.SharePoint" %>
<%@ Register Tagprefix="telerik" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI, Version=20xx.x.xxx.xx, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4" %>

2. Add the spell control itself under the RadHtmlField:

<telerik:ScriptManagerConditional ID="spellScriptManager" runat="server"></telerik:ScriptManagerConditional>
<telerik:RadSpell ButtonType="None"
DictionaryPath="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.x.x.x__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/App_Data/RadSpell/"
AjaxUrl="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.x.x.x__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/Telerik.Web.UI.SpellCheckHandler.ashx"
HandlerUrl="/_wpresources/RadEditorSharePoint/5.x.x.x__1f131a624888eeed/Resources/Telerik.Web.UI.DialogHandler.aspx"
id="RadSpell1" ControlToCheck="Content" IsClientID="true" runat="server"></telerik:RadSpell>

In addition to the RadSpell control, you need to make sure that there is a ScriptManager control on the page. In this example I used our ScriptManagerConditional control (part of the RadEditor for MOSS), which registers a script manager on the page if there isn't one already.

Greetings,
Rumen
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

Stephen
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 06 Jun 2011, 08:40 AM
Hi Rumen,

That worked great. Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
Pete
Tags
Spell
Asked by
PeteV