This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

web.config changes for sharepoint 2007

1 Answer 30 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Ramin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Ramin asked on 05 Apr 2012, 12:32 AM
I'm having a hard time getting a very simple instance of the scheduler into a webpart.  I tried following the instructions here: http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/moss-deploying-radcontrols.html, but step 3 is really confusing to me:

3. [Optional] In order to use RadScriptManager (instead of the standard ScriptManager control) or controls like RadBinaryImage, RadChart, RadUpload, etc., you need to register their handlers in the respective section in the web.config:       

What does that mean?  is RadScheduler one of the controls?  And if so, I dont understand what of the code I am supposed to actually add because it looks like examples for just the 3 listed.  Do I basically just replace RadUpload with RadScheduler everywhere I see it?

Please help - i'm really behind on a project.

Thanks!
Loren

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Kalina
Telerik team
answered on 09 Apr 2012, 10:31 AM
Hello Loren,

You can use RadScheduler with ASP.NET ScriptManager as well as with RadScriptManager.

In case you use RadScheduler with ASP.NET ScriptManager - you do not need to modify your web.config and register the handler (as is described at step 3 at the article that you mention).

Regards,
Kalina
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Ramin
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Kalina
Telerik team
Share this question
or