This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Web Blue rendering in 1001

3 Answers 46 Views
Window
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Gary
Top achievements
Rank 1
Gary asked on 07 Oct 2008, 04:56 PM
Hi

I have just applied hotfix 1001 and seem to be having some trouble with the rendering of WebBlue skin while using the RadWindow control.

I get a white "slither" on each side of the window and the top has a thin transparent bar across the top

The issue seems to be in the styling (or should I say non styling) of the Td's with the classes

corner topleft
corner topright
corner bodyleft
corner bodyright

ie those elements that form the border around the window. The .css file for web blue between the Q2 2008 and the hotfix are identical and thus I guess so are the elements the radwindow renders.

Was anything in the hotfix that might have affected this as it worked before. Could this be a known issue?

FYI I'm using IE in quirks mode.

Rgds

Gary

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Martin
Telerik team
answered on 08 Oct 2008, 12:19 PM
Hi Gary,

I already replied to you in the support ticket you've opened.

Sincerely yours,
Martin Ivanov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tim Cutting
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Oct 2008, 01:08 PM
Hi Martin

I work with Gary and have been looking at this issue with him.  We created a clean test project, and have determined that the problem is definitely to with the quirks mode rendering in IE7.

When we declare full a XHTML doctype, the control renders OK (albeit with odd borders in the WebBlue skin, but that seems to be intentional)

When we don't declare any doctype, the rendering breaks.  We experience this on other Telerik controls, such as the calendar and the combobox.

So:

Works with this:

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.1//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml11/DTD/xhtml11.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

But has rendering bugs with this

<html>

Unfortunately because we have some legacy code, using strict doctype isn't an option for us at the moment.  Please advise!  Is this a known limitation of the telerik controls?

Martin
Telerik team
answered on 09 Oct 2008, 06:37 AM
Hi Tim,

RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX are designed and intended to work in standards compliance mode, as quirks mode triggers different issues with the different browsers, and this makes the tasks for crossbrowser compatibility almost impossible to manage. This is why you experience problems with our controls.

However, some of the issues can be handled, as in the case with RadWindow. Add the following lines of CSS in the head of your webpage or in your external stylesheet:

.radwindow td
{
 font-size: 1px !important;
}

Regards,
Martin Ivanov
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Tags
Window
Asked by
Gary
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Martin
Telerik team
Tim Cutting
Top achievements
Rank 1