This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2019 Options Missing for Converting Project

3 Answers 693 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 2
Adam asked on 11 Dec 2019, 06:05 PM

In previous versions of Visual Studio and the Telerik extension I was able to create a new ASP.Net WebForms application and use the Telerik menu in VS to convert the project. Now in VS2019, the Telerik extension menu is within the new Extensions menu, but I see no options to convert my project.

Am I missing something?

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 13 Dec 2019, 07:16 AM

Hello Adam,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

With the R1 2019 release, we have introduced asynchronous extension loading. This could lead to the behaviour you observed, where a product sub-menu is missing from the Telerik menu or even the whole Telerik menu is not visible. After a while when the extensions have fully loaded all menus are visible. In these cases, the extensions will appear as enabled and installed. 

As a first step, I would suggest to launch VS2019 and wait for several seconds, so all extensions are loaded. Then select the Extensions -> Telerik menu and check if Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX option is visible. If this is not the case and the extension is enabled and installed but the sub-menu is still not visible, please launch VS2019 with a log by following these steps and send the log to us, so we can check for extension loading issues. 

If the Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX sub-menu is still missing I suggest reinstalling the extension. To do that first remove the extension by following these steps:

1. Launch Visual Studio
  2. Select Manage Extensions option under the Extensions menu
  3. Expand the Installed tap to the left
  4. Select Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions and click Uninstall

Then repeat steps 1 to 2 and then:

1. Click Online to the left and select Visual Studio Marketplace
  2. Enter Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions in the Search text box
  3. Select the extension and click Download

Could you please try this out and let us know in case the issue still persists?

I am looking forward to your reply.

Regards,
Yana
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 2
answered on 13 Dec 2019, 01:05 PM

Hi Yana,

Thanks for the reply. When I dug a little deeper I realized I also didn't have any of the project templates. I installed the extension again and got the project templates so have been able to start a new project. I still don't have a Telerik menu, but under Extensions>Telerik I now see one extra option, as shown in the attached file. This is enough for my needs for now. If I encounter further issues I will post again with the log file you mentioned.

Thanks for the help.

Adam

Yana
Telerik team
answered on 16 Dec 2019, 07:49 AM

Hello Adam,

In Visual Studio 2019 all of the third party extensions are registered under the Extensions menu and it seems that the Telerik UI for ASP.NET AJAX Visual Studio extension is completely installed by your side.

However, you could take a look at the UI for ASP.NET AJAX documentation articles (under Visual Studio Extensions tabs) which will help you to take full advantage of our VS extension.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if any further help is needed.

Regards,
Yana
Progress Telerik

Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Adam
Top achievements
Rank 2