This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2019 can't add a report after upgrade

1 Answer 477 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
SSirica
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Iron
SSirica asked on 05 Nov 2020, 08:36 PM

Error: Incorrect version. The target project is using different Telerik Reporting version. Before adding this the project should be upgraded with the Upgrade Wizard or you should choose item template for the correct Telerik Reporting version

I have followed all the suggestions.  I have used the upgrade wizard.  I've made sure the .vbproj file has the correct version which is 14.2.20.916 by the way.  I have made sure the config file is correct.  

I understand wasting time when I can't figure something out, but this stupid stuff drive me nuts.  There is no reason for it.  No one seems to be able to get reports and report viewers right.  Microsoft's is a heaping pile of misery, and I'm about to throw Telerik's right on top of it on the pile. 

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Todor
Telerik team
answered on 10 Nov 2020, 12:10 PM

Hello SSirica,

The observed error usually occurs when the project references a version that is not installed and you try to add a new report with the item template of another version. If I understood correctly, you made sure the item template and the report library project reference the same Telerik Reporting version.

You may use the Modules Window in Visual Studio to check which version actually loads when you run the project. The problem may be due to some caching in Visual Studio.

Feel free also to open a support ticket and send us the project for local investigation.

Regards,
Todor
Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
SSirica
Top achievements
Rank 3
Iron
Iron
Iron
Answers by
Todor
Telerik team