This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2012 intellisense not working with Telerik Ajax Controls

1 Answer 126 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Bob asked on 12 Feb 2013, 03:41 PM
I have a problem with intellisense not working in the code behind for my web project.  I have uninstalled and reinstalled both Visual Studio (2012 Premium) and Telerik packages.  The activity log (/Users/{MyProfile}/AppData/Roaming/Microsoft/VisualStudio/11.0/ActivityLog.xml) shows this error:

CreateInstance failed for package [Telerik.Web.UI.VSPackage.VSPackage {plus version information}]

I have a feeling this is the cause of intellisense not working.

I'm working on a Windows 7 x64 platform with 8G of RAM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Teodor
Telerik team
answered on 15 Feb 2013, 07:46 AM
Hello,

I think the error is not related to InstelliSense. The log shows the Telerik VSExtensions (responsible for the Telerik Project Wizards) crashing. To fix it I recommend fully cleaning Visual Studio 2012 of the extensions before reinstalling them:

1. Uninstall all Telerik extensions from Visual Studio 2012 | Tools | Extensions and Updates
  2. Ensure all Visual Studio instances are closed.
  3. Delete all direct subfolders of C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\11.0\Extensions\ containing Telerik.*.dll assemblies.
  4. Reinstall them fron Extensions and Updates menu.

IntelliSense not working with Visual Studio 2012 is a known issue. The following article suggests how to fix it (use asp:ScriptManager instead of telerik:RadScriptManager):
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/introduction-jquery-intellisense.html

Let me know If you need further assistance.

All the best,
Teodor
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Bob
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Teodor
Telerik team
Share this question
or