This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS2010 x64, no import options.

3 Answers 67 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Mark asked on 01 Oct 2010, 10:46 AM
I have a computer running VS2010 x64.  The coputer also has CR 2008 installed.  I am trying to test the cyrstal reports import option as I have over 100 existing reports.  But when I select the import type of Crystal Reports, the next button remains greyed.

I have read the kb article regarding setting the dev.app.config file for the different versions of CR Reports, and I have set the runtime options as described.  But still the Next button remains greyed.

Does anyone have any ideas aht I can try next.  This really is a show stopper for me.

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 05 Oct 2010, 04:28 PM
Hello Mark,

First can you clarify the Visual Studio version you use, because there has never been a x64 version of Visual Studio.
As for your inquiry, the KB article in question is Converting reports from various versions of CrystalReports and it contains all necessary steps. If it does not work for you, please prepare a screenshot of your C:\Windows\assembly folder showing the Crystal Reports versions available on your machine along with the devenv.exe.config you have setup, so we can examine it.

Sincerely yours,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Oct 2010, 02:34 AM
I have managed to get the import option to work by reinstalling CR 2008. However, having made a trial import of the most basic of our reports, I have to say that I am extremely disappointed.

The report I tried to import was a simple table with just three columns.  Some labels, and a couple of pasted images.  The import utility complained about the formatting of every single label, and did not manage to import any, all the data fields had lost their bindings, and the images were replaced with a place holder, saying I must reimport them.  In fact the only items that did import correctly was the three horizontal lines, and the page numbers.

If this is the best your converter can do for a basic tabular report, then I would hate to see what it would do with a more complex report.  Considering our application has over 100 reports, I do not relish the idea of using your conversion utility, or of manually recreating each and every report.  So I guess I will have to remain with Crystal Reports.
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 11 Oct 2010, 04:56 PM
Hi Mark,

The converters are just a helper utility we did out of good will to save users some time. They do not guarantee a one-to-one complete conversion and you've already notices that there are some parts (items/sections) that have no analog on our end and vice versa. All of the converters are created before the introduction of Table/Crosstab item and have not been updated to reflect these changes yet. Thus currently reviewing and fixing the converted reports manually is highly recommended.

Best wishes,
Steve
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Mark
Top achievements
Rank 1