This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2013 and Reporting Q1 2013

3 Answers 68 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Jon asked on 06 Mar 2014, 11:25 AM
Hi,

I'm using VS2013 and am on Reporting 2013 Q1 release. I've tried an upgrade to the current release but thanks to problems with .Net 4.5 have gone back to the earlier version.

The issue that I have is that even after a re install I cannot get the Q1 2013 release to setup the relevant toolbox items for the reporting in VS 2013.  When installing the installer just shows the VS2008 release that I still have on my PC.  Is it not 100% compat with VS2013?

Any work arounds?

Regards

Jon

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 10 Mar 2014, 05:21 PM
Hello Jon,

Visual Studio 2013 is officially supported in Telerik Reporting Q3 2013. In previous versions as Q1 2013 we have support up to Visual Studio 2012.

Let us know more details about the issues you have on upgrade and if we can resolve them, so you can use the latest version of our products.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 11 Mar 2014, 08:25 AM
Thanks Stef,

The main issues with the upgrade did seem to be with the reporting - mainly the webviewer so I think that maybe I'll do a temporary upgrade on a copy of the app and work out what the upgrade issues are.  I'll post them in a separate thread.

Regards

Jon
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 13 Mar 2014, 06:46 PM
Hi Jon,

When you upgrade consider the rules listed in the Design Considerations for Out-proc Session State article.

In the latest available Telerik Reporting release you will be able to use also the HTML5 Report Viewer and Reporting REST Service, as well as the new Map item.

If you need further help, do not hesitate to send your details in a support ticket, where we can exchange freely files and other private information.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

DevCraft Q1'14 is here! Watch the online conference to see how this release solves your top-5 .NET challenges. Watch on demand now.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Jon
Top achievements
Rank 1