This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2012 support

1 Answer 81 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 2
Andrew asked on 03 Sep 2012, 09:53 PM
I tried installing the latest report msi (also tried via the control panel) on Win8 and VS2012 pro. Both failed, the control panel said that .net 2 was needed. Any eta for when this will be ready for vs2012?

Robert

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Steve
Telerik team
answered on 04 Sep 2012, 07:27 AM
Hi,

I've just made a quick test with Windows 8 RTM, Visual Studio 2012 RTM and the latest internal build of Telerik Reporting and was able to successfully install the product and use it for creating reports. Try with the latest internal build, if it fails, try installing .NET 3.5 from the Turn Windows features on/off and restart the machine.

If the problem persists, run the msi installer with logging enabled (msiexec /i path_to\Telerik_Reporting_Q2_2012_DEV.msi -l*xv install.log), you can also check the windows logs for any exception. You can attach the log and any exceptions here for us to review.

Greetings,
Steve
the Telerik team

BLOGGERS WANTED! Write a review about Telerik Reporting or the new Report Designer, post it on your blog and get a complimentary license for Telerik Reporting. We’ll even promote your blog and help bring you a few fresh readers. Yes, it’s that simple. And it’s free. Get started today >

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Andrew
Top achievements
Rank 2
Answers by
Steve
Telerik team
Share this question
or