This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2010 project problem

1 Answer 72 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Przemek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Przemek asked on 24 Oct 2011, 12:08 PM

Hi,
I was provided with source code of VS project that uses Telerik controls. It's a WebSite and has dll's in Bin folder.
Telerik controls  version is 2010.2.826.40.

There is no Telerik.Web.Design.dll file in the project folders, but it's referenced in web.config file. I haven’t installed any Telerik package before, neither now because i have only project files.

Is there any way to proper see controls in VS 2010 editor and not getting error "Failed to create designer" without having file Telerik.Web.Design.dll? I've tried solutions from the forum and errors with references/sourcecode disappeared. However design view in VS 2010 is still not working.

Thanks in advance,
Przemek

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Accepted
Andrey
Telerik team
answered on 24 Oct 2011, 04:44 PM
Hi Przemek,

The Telerik.Web.Design assembly is only required for the Visual Studio design-time environment. As such, feel free to remove any references from your web.config file.

As for getting the Visual Studio 2010 design-time working without the Telerik.Web.Design.dll, I think that wont be possible. You should ask your customer/employer to associate his license with your Telerik account, so you gain access to the installation package, containing all necessary additional files.

Kind regards,
Andrey
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Przemek
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Andrey
Telerik team
Share this question
or