This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

VS 2008 solution file for the latest demo

1 Answer 91 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Sze
Top achievements
Rank 1
Sze asked on 03 Jun 2010, 09:29 PM
I just downloaded and installed the latest WPF trial version. The demo solution file appears to be in VS 2010 format. Is there and where can I download the VS 2008 Solution file for the latest demo?

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Boyan
Telerik team
answered on 09 Jun 2010, 12:31 PM
Hi Sze,

Sorry for the late reply. We doesn't provide examples for VS2008 as we are trying to migrate to VS2010. However there is an easy way to run our examples solutions with VS2008. Open the solution file (ExamplesCS_WPF.sln) with notepad or other text editor. Then change  the FormatVersion to 10.00 and Visual Studio to 2008 as shown in the attached screenshot. Save and the solution is now changed for VS2008. Run and build.
Note that Scheduler examples won't be able to build. Exclude from the project  /Scheduler/Common/Categories.cs file which is shown in the second screenshot I have attached. Now you should be able to build the examples and they will work properly.

Sorry for the caused inconvenience. We will provide a VS2008 examples solution out of the box for our next release. So there would be no need for the above operations.

Best wishes,
Boyan
the Telerik team

Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Sze
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Boyan
Telerik team
Share this question
or