This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2013 with administrator right causes major layout issues

3 Answers 80 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Joost
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joost asked on 17 Oct 2013, 09:08 PM
Hi,

I've been trying out the new visual studio 2013. but there is one issue, when I use Visual Studio 2013 in administrator mode, which is needed for debugging, the telerik layout is totally messed up. The moment I close Visual studio the layout is normal again. When I open Visual Studio 2013 without administration rights, the grid looks good again.

see attachment for pictures.

Do you know what could cause this and what I could do to make it work ?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.
Joost

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Oct 2013, 01:44 PM
Hi,

I have experienced the same issue. Disabling Browserlink solves the issue for me. One way to do this is by adding a appsetting:
<appSettings>
<add key="vs:EnableBrowserLink" value="false"/>
</appSettings>

Regards,
Daniel
Joost
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 21 Oct 2013, 02:38 PM
Thanks this works for me!

There are also other ways to disable browser link in VS 2013.
See step 4 in the following link:
http://blogs.msdn.com/b/webdev/archive/2013/06/28/browser-link-feature-in-visual-studio-preview-2013.aspx

Deyan Enchev
Telerik team
answered on 22 Oct 2013, 08:55 AM
Hi,

We are aware of this problem, however please note that Visual Studio 2013 RTM was made available on October 17, 2013. Therefore the current build of Telerik RadControls does not support this VS version. Hence there might be some inconsistent behavior or even unexpected errors showing up.

Currently, we are working on the known problems related to VS 2013, IE11 and .NET 4.5.1 we will include the fixes in our upcoming release. However, RadControls will support officially Visual Studio 2013 from Q3 2013 SP1 release.

Here you can check which the Visual Studio versions we officially support are.
Regards,
Deyan Enchev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Joost
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Daniel
Top achievements
Rank 1
Joost
Top achievements