This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Visual Studio 2012 preview problem

1 Answer 46 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Hans
Top achievements
Rank 1
Hans asked on 22 Jul 2014, 06:54 PM
Hi

I'm using Visual Studio 2012 and Telerik Reporting Q1 - 2013. I'm using this version because of the support for framework 3.5

Anyway, I created a class library, I added a Telerik report, I added a datasource, I created a table with a couple of columns. Everything worked just fine.
Later, when I added more columns, they are not shown in the preview, or HTMl preview. If I publish the report , they are shown on the production server.

If I restart the computer, the columns are shown in the preview, but if I add new columns, they are not shown in preview. Only if I restart the computer.
It seems there is a cache somewhere .

How can I fix this problem ?

Regards
Hans

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 25 Jul 2014, 04:04 PM
Hello Hans,

Please test to download Telerik Reporting Q1 2013 SP1 version 7.0.13.426 (the last having support for .NET3.5) and upgrade your project to it. Then test with a new report and the old one if the issue is still reproducible. Keep in mind if there are too many items in the report, operations at design-time might be slower.

Test also if only closing and reopening the designer in Visual Studio works. To check what happens on preview you can debug the Visual Studio instance with a second VS instance attached to the first one's process.

In order to investigate the problem further, please open a support ticket and send us a video illustrating the problem and the report used in the test. Please include test data to be able to preview the report.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Hans
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Stef
Telerik team
Share this question
or