This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

ValidationGroup

3 Answers 98 Views
Scheduler
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Paul Ridden
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Paul Ridden asked on 30 Nov 2011, 05:20 PM

Hi

I have a rad scheduler:
<telerik:RadScheduler runat="server" ID="DiaryScheduler" Skin="Metro" ValidationGroup="Settings" ...

and a custom validator:
<asp:CustomValidator runat="server" ID="MyValidator" Display="Dynamic" ValidationGroup="Settings" ClientValidationFunction="validateMyStuff">
 <span class="validation-error">Some Error Text</span>
</asp:CustomValidator>

When using this with other controls the validation occurs correctly. When usign the schedular, i.e. moving from one view to another and from one week to another, the validation is not run.

Does the ValidationGroup work with the schedular? Have I missed something, is there another setting I need to make this work, or do I have to validate manually?

Thanks
Russell

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 05 Dec 2011, 04:10 PM
Hi Paul,

Could you clarify a little bit more on the scenario you are trying to achieve? What exactly you are trying to validate?

Meanwhile, the following help article might be of help: Customizing the Advanced Form / Handling FormCreated, it shows how custom validators are defined for the controls/elements inside the Advanced Form of the RadScheduler ( take a look at the Add a new custom validator for the description field section which is placed at the bottom of the page).

If you are still having troubles, you could send a support ticket on this matter with a sample page demonstrating the issue, isolated in it, so we will be able to troubleshoot it locally.

Regards,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Paul Ridden
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
answered on 06 Dec 2011, 01:27 PM

Hi

I'm probably trying to do something that would be better done another way, but...

I have a grid containing 'people' where you can multi-select rows.

The scheduler shows all appointments for those selected people, i.e. if you select 5 people, then refresh the scheduler you see 5 peoples appointments.

I need to do some validation relating to the people you have selected in the grid, e.g. you can only select people in the same 'group' and a limit of 8 at a time (there are some other more complex rules here but you get the idea).

Because there are several ways in which the scheduler can be refreshed (changing dates, views, etc) I do not want the scheduler to be updated or its view changed if the selection criteria is not valid. My validation is javascript in a standard custom validator. I would rather validate at a point in time rather than prevent invalid selections because there are dependencies between values where it is difficult to cross validated until all values have been selected.

My alternative is to respond to any event that changes the scheduler view and validate manually cancelling the event if appropriate.

To summarize, I wish to prevent navigation/reload of the scheduler if associated values on the form are not in a valid state.

Hope that makes sense, thanks
Russell Mason

Ivana
Telerik team
answered on 09 Dec 2011, 09:27 AM
Hi Paul,

Could you open a support ticket on this matter and send us a runnable sample page, with the scenario you are trying to implement isolated in it? This way  we will be able to find an accurate solution for the very same scenario on which you are working.
Please make sure the database used in the sample page, is also included.

Regards,
Ivana
the Telerik team
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to their blog feed now
Tags
Scheduler
Asked by
Paul Ridden
Top achievements
Rank 1
Veteran
Answers by
Ivana
Telerik team
Paul Ridden
Top achievements