This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Using Telerik - 0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'documentElement' of undefined or null reference

1 Answer 156 Views
Grid
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
godbrother
Top achievements
Rank 1
godbrother asked on 10 Dec 2013, 04:59 AM
I am using .Net Framework 4.5 
telerik dll version 2011.2.721.35

i am getting script error: 

0x800a138f - JavaScript runtime error: Unable to get property 'documentElement' of undefined or null reference
i was using below meta. but i getting same error.
<meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />

<meta http-equiv="x-ua-compatible" content="IE=9" />

<%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeBehind="Upcoming.aspx.cs" Inherits="Website.Upcoming" %>
<%@ Register Assembly="Telerik.Web.UI" Namespace="Telerik.Web.UI" TagPrefix="telerik" %>

<!DOCTYPE html>

<head runat="server">
    <meta http-equiv="X-UA-Compatible" content="IE=edge" />
    <title></title>
    <link rel="stylesheet" href="css/style.css">
</head>
<body>
    <form id="form1" runat="server">

<asp:ScriptManager ID="ScriptManager1" runat="server"></asp:ScriptManager>

<div >
            <telerik:RadGrid ID="grid1" runat="server" ShowStatusBar="false" GridLines="Both" Skin="WebBlue"
                AutoGenerateColumns="False" AllowMultiRowSelection="False" AllowPaging="false"
                ShowHeader="true" OnNeedDataSource="grid1_NeedDataSource" Height="350px" ClientSettings-Scrolling-UseStaticHeaders="true" ClientSettings-Scrolling-AllowScroll="true" >
                <MasterTableView>
                    <Columns>
                        <telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn DataTextField="Name" DataNavigateUrlFields="Id" DataNavigateUrlFormatString="Test.html?id={0}" Target="_parent" HeaderText="Class">
                        </telerik:GridHyperLinkColumn>
                        <telerik:GridBoundColumn DataField="MyClassDate" DataType="System.String" HeaderText="Starts On">
                        </telerik:GridBoundColumn>
                    </Columns>
                </MasterTableView>
            </telerik:RadGrid>
        </div>
    </form>
</body>
</html>

Thanks,
Please help me.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
answered on 12 Dec 2013, 04:20 PM
Hello Raja,

The dll file version you are using targets .NET Framework 3.5. Moreover this version of the controls is rather old and was released more than a year before .NET 4.5 (the framework was released in 2012).

It is recommended to upgrade to the latest version of RadControls (currently 2013.3.1114) as it supports .NET Framework 4.5 and also includes fixes and improvements.

Note that when adding dll files to a web site project or application in Visual Studio the assembly should target the framework version for which the project was created (last two digits in the dll version indicate that).

Additionally I would recommend taking a look at the following articles:
Upgrading RadControls
Upgrade Wizard

Regards,
Viktor Tachev
Telerik
If you want to get updates on new releases, tips and tricks and sneak peeks at our product labs directly from the developers working on the RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX, subscribe to the blog feed now.
Tags
Grid
Asked by
godbrother
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Viktor Tachev
Telerik team
Share this question
or