This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

using q1 2013 no Reportbook item in my toolbox?

4 Answers 72 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Lynn asked on 24 Jun 2014, 06:30 PM
Using q1 2013 no Reportbook item in my VS2008  toolbox. Alphabetically i see, panel, picturebox, shape... ? No errors encountered during install that i recall.

any thoughts appreciated.

4 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 25 Jun 2014, 08:26 PM
oh great ... i followed instructions to change registry key value. Orig was 2 not zero. Changed to 1, now all telerik toolbox items are duplicated ...
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jun 2014, 11:51 AM
Hello Lynn,

The ReportBook is not an item and is not listed in Visual Studio Toolbox, when a report is opend in the designer.

If you use the WinForms ReportViewer, you will be able to use the ReportBook control. For other viewers you can create a ReportBook object or your own type which inherits Telerik.Reporting.ReportBook.

Consider the example in our local demos, installed by default under C:\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting Q2 2014\Examples\CSharp\ReportLibrary.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 26 Jun 2014, 01:03 PM
Thanks Stef. I am no using that version. we are on Q1 2013.  is there somewhere i can see a demo of using a reportbook w that version? Thanks much.
Stef
Telerik team
answered on 26 Jun 2014, 02:15 PM
Hello Lynn,

The demos for each version are installed by default in the folllowing location: :\Program Files (x86)\Telerik\Reporting <VERSION>\Examples\CSharp\ReportLibrary. If they are not installed, you can rerun the installer and select to add them as feature on the Customization step.

Regards,
Stef
Telerik

Check out the Telerik Platform - the only platform that combines a rich set of UI tools with powerful cloud services to develop web, hybrid and native mobile apps.

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Lynn
Top achievements
Rank 1
Stef
Telerik team