It is possible to protect your Telerik ASP.NET AJAX assembly
from unauthorized use. Since you own a licensed version, you have the full source code of the Telerik.Web.UI assembly and protecting RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax
requires the Telerik.Web.UI
assembliy to be built from source code (due to modifications applied to
the source files). The source code of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX is
distributed separately and is bundled with build instructions.
Suppose you have extracted the source distribution ZIP file in X:\RadControlsSource.
- Open X:\RadControlsSource\Telerik.Web.UI\Common\AssemblyProtection.cs in a text editor.
- Uncomment the "ValidatePassPhrase()" method call inside the Validate().
- Change the value of the ApplicationName constant to match the "name of your application".
private const string ApplicationName="Your Application Name";
- Now save the AssemblyProtection.cs and rebuild RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax (described separately in the source code build instructions document).
- In your application replace the existing reference to Telerik.Web.UI.dll with the one built from source code.
- Add the following code in the Page_Load method of your page codebehind class.
Application["Telerik.Web.UI.Key"]="Your Application Name";
If the same dll is used in any other application, then an error message will be generated, "This version of RadControls for ASP.NET Ajax is licensed only for use by 'Your Application Name' ".
Another option is, you can replace the licensed version with a trial version of the same release which can be easily downloaded from Telerik site. Since the trial version contains all the features, it will not affect the development process.
Hope this helps,