This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

URGENT! Sys.WebForms.PageRequestmanagerServerErrorException 500 !

9 Answers 520 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 28 May 2008, 04:53 PM
Hello,

I have three dropdownlists that filter each other, so, in order to avoid full postbacks i used ur RadAjaxManager. I am getting the following error on some machines:

Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerErrorException. An error ocurred while processing the request on the server. The Status code returned was:500

Sometimes i get the error.. and it makes it very dificult to debug, because i dont get it even once on my machine and some clients get it..

9 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team
answered on 29 May 2008, 07:08 AM
Hi David,

Unfortunately the error itself does not help much in determining what the source of the issue might be. Can you please post the AJAX-related code as well as the involved controls along with a brief explanation on which action/steps throw the error?

Greetings,
Konstantin Petkov
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Vikas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 29 May 2008, 07:42 PM
Hello,
         I am having the same issue with two RadComboBoxes and heres the debug message that was caught in the AsynPostBackError event of the scriptmanager.
Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

I am using RadAjaxManager and RadAjaxLoadingPanel for AJAX.

Thanks in Advance,
Vikas

Vlad
Telerik team
answered on 30 May 2008, 05:35 AM
Hi Vikas,

Can you please use the Visual Studio debugger to see where exactly is this exception?

Kind regards,
Vlad
the Telerik team

Instantly find answers to your questions at the new Telerik Support Center
Vikas
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 30 May 2008, 12:55 PM
Hello Vlad,
                 I wish I could do that but unfortunately the development environment that I am in does not let me debug on the in built Cassini server.This is due to the fact that I have custom authentication setup using CSLA  and I will have to remove the entire security model.
                 The way I debug is write logging code  and see the values in the logging tool or throw exceptions and catch it( that's like for every line of code  I write, an extra line of logging code to check the values).
                 Anyways thanks for the reply.

Vikas
Daulati
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2009, 08:14 PM
I am also getting the same error when i am using filter for date column. Please assis ASAP. 

An unknown error occured while processing the requests on the server. the status code returned from the server was: 500
Michael Josiah
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Jan 2009, 09:31 PM
I am also getting similar errors but this time with the radwindow. It says something like Sys.WebForms.PageRequestmanagerServerErrorException either the value is to small or too big for int . This error occurs when I try and show a radwindow when clicking on an imagebutton. I used code similar to the following RadAjaxManager1.responsescripts.add("UseRadWindow('test.aspx',500,500);"). This worked fine before the hotfix. Help would be appreciated as I have had to roll back.

Thanks
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 21 Jan 2009, 08:09 AM
Hi Michael,

Although from the information you provided I cannot say for certain what might be the exact reason for the issue you are facing, I think that the information from the resources linked below will help you troubleshoot your case to designate the cause of the erratic behavior:

http://forums.asp.net/p/1227415/2205969.aspx
http://www.telerik.com/help/aspnet-ajax/web-resources-troubleshooting.html (the last paragraph of the topic)

If you are not able to determine the reason for the abnormality, please isolate a simple working version of your project ,which works properly with the 2008.3.1125 of RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX and fails with the latest hotfix 2008.3.1314, and send it enclosed to a regular support ticket. We will test it locally and will get back to you with our findings.

Best regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team

Check out Telerik Trainer, the state of the art learning tool for Telerik products.
Nicolle
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 20 Mar 2011, 01:58 PM

Private Sub btnView_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles btnView.Click
        filename = "f:\Customer.dat"

FileOpen(1, filename, OpenMode.Random, , , Len(OneCustomerRecord))
        NumberOfRecords = LOF(1) / Len(OneCustomerRecord)

For index = 1 To NumberOfRecords
            FileGet(1, OneCustomerRecord)

lstDisplayFile.Items.Add(String.Format(MyFormat, _
                                                   OneCustomerRecord.referencenumber, OneCustomerRecord.forname, _
                                                   OneCustomerRecord.surname, OneCustomerRecord.address, OneCustomerRecord.phonenumber, _
                                                   OneCustomerRecord.loanlength, OneCustomerRecord.postcode, OneCustomerRecord.dob, _
                                                   OneCustomerRecord.monthlypayments, OneCustomerRecord.gender))
The following error keeps coming up when i run my program on visual studio 2010:
Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to zero and less than the size of the argument list.

Please help

Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 21 Mar 2011, 10:51 AM
Hi Nicolle,

Can you check whether the issue appears with the latest release 2011.1.315 of the AJAX suite? Also have in mind the troubleshooting tips from my previous post to locate the cause of the abnormality and share it with us - thus we will be able to assist you address it.

Regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Konstantin Petkov
Telerik team