This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Urgency: VS2010 Designer Problem

2 Answers 74 Views
Chart (Obsolete)
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
SCT
Top achievements
Rank 1
SCT asked on 29 Jun 2011, 03:04 PM
Dear Telerik Team,

In my VS2010 solution, I refer to the newest telerik .dll libraries:
- Telerik.Web.UI.dll (version 2011,1,519,40)
- Telerik.Web.Design.dll (version 2011,1,519,40)

My VS2010 designer have nearly permanently problem to show the RadChart (and not only the RadChart) in the design of my aspx page. Refresh helps, however sometimes... :(

After drag-and-drop from Toolbox, the designer produces this error message:
"Error Creating Control - RadChart1[A]Telerik.Web.UI.RadChart cannot be cast to [B]Telerik.Web.UI.RadChart. Type A originates from 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2011.1.519.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' in the context 'LoadNeither' at location 'C:\Users\koterec\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ProjectAssemblies\vcxqtkpk01\Telerik.Web.UI.dll'. Type B originates from 'Telerik.Web.UI, Version=2011.1.519.40, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=121fae78165ba3d4' in the context 'LoadNeither' at location 'C:\Users\koterec\AppData\Local\Microsoft\VisualStudio\10.0\ProjectAssemblies\pccl1usa01\telerik.web.ui.dll'."

Provide me the solution, please.
Thanks in advance.

2 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Ves
Telerik team
answered on 04 Jul 2011, 09:16 AM
Hello,

This design time error is caused by having two instances of the Telerik.Web.UI assembly with different versions (might be Trial - Dev as well), loaded in the same Visual Studio AppDomain.

This could happen as a result of a reference update, e.g: a page with RadControls was loaded in design mode, the reference was updated and the page got reloaded again. This is a one-time only problem and its fix involves a Visual Studio restart.

Another possible reason for that is that the solution contains multiple projects, each referencing a different RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX assembly. Thus, loading a page with a RadControl from ProjectA in design mode and loading a page with a RadControl from ProjectB could result in the TypeCastException.

In that case please, update both the projects to use the same RadControls assembly, or split the projects to different solutions. Please, restart Visual Studio after any of the approaches.

Regards,
Ves
the Telerik team

Browse the vast support resources we have to jump start your development with RadControls for ASP.NET AJAX. See how to integrate our AJAX controls seamlessly in SharePoint 2007/2010 visiting our common SharePoint portal.

SCT
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 07 Jul 2011, 03:14 PM
Hi,

thank you very much for the reply.

Kind regards,
SCT
Tags
Chart (Obsolete)
Asked by
SCT