This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade visual studio solution from 2010 to 2017 impacts telerik controls

1 Answer 532 Views
Installer and VS Extensions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Pratik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Pratik asked on 15 Aug 2019, 04:43 AM

We are upgrading visual studio 2010 solution using Telerik (v 2012.2.607) controls to visual studio 2017. I have a doubt that after upgrading the solution to visual studio 2017, will telerik controls of old version works or not?

If incase, it works then for that do I need to make any changes in that?

If not, please provide the alternate solution to get the upgraded solution work.

Also, will it get impacted if I upgrade the .Net framework version to some latest.

Thanks in advance.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Yana
Telerik team
answered on 16 Aug 2019, 06:15 AM
Hi Pratik,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Migrating your project from VS2010 to VS2017 should be performed without any errors and you should be able to use Telerik UI for ASP.NET Ajax controls in the same way as in VS2010. Changing the .NET Framework of your project also should be performed successfully. With this statement, I would like to encourage you to try to upgrade it but first make sure you have a backup of your project and then let us know in case any issues arise.

I would also like to suggest you to install the latest version of UI for AJAX Visual Studio extensions in Visual Studio 2017 which will help you to get full advantage of the product. The following steps will help you to achieve it:

1. Launch Visual Studio 2017
2. Open Tools menu and choose Extensions and Updates...
3. Expand Online tab and select Visual Studio Marketplace
4. Type "Telerik ASP.NET AJAX VSExtensions" in the search box
5. Select the extension and press Download button
6. Close Visual Studio and proceed with the installation

Moreover, in this documentation article you could find some useful information about how to fully manage your Telerik project - https://docs.telerik.com/devtools/aspnet-ajax/general-information/integration-with-visual-studio/visual-studio-extensions/overview .

Please do not hesitate to contact us in case any further assistance is needed.

Regards,
Yana
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
Tags
Installer and VS Extensions
Asked by
Pratik
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Yana
Telerik team
Share this question
or