This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to Q2 2010 from Q1 2010 Is Causing AJAX Calls To Fail

1 Answer 18 Views
Ajax
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
Andrew Buxton
Top achievements
Rank 1
Andrew Buxton asked on 05 Aug 2010, 10:39 AM
Hi,

Yesterday I upgraded the application I'm working on from Q1 2010 (2010.1.519.40) to Q2 2010 (2010.2.713.40) and the AJAX calls began failing. The error was thrown in the Microsoft AJAX client library. If I switch from the new Q2 dll to the previous Q1 dll, the application begins working once again. I'd like nothing more than to bug hunt this one, but that time isn't available on the project at the moment so I'll have to stick with the previous version for now.

I currently have AJAX tooltips enabled in the application and when I cause the show event to fire I receive the client-side error -

Line: 5170
Error: Object required

I believe this is AJAX wide in my application as the RadGrids I am using have stopped rebinding when an AJAX rebind is requested by the client.  The client-side debugger reports the error line is in the MicrosoftAjax.js file.

Hope this helps in one way or another,

Andy.

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Sebastian
Telerik team
answered on 05 Aug 2010, 01:23 PM
Hello Andrew,

This is indeed a odd issue and unfortunately from the provided details I am not able to determine the exact cause of it. To progress in our investigation, I suggest you prepare a stripped working version of your project and send it enclosed to a regular support ticket. We will debug it locally and will get back to you with our findings.

You may also test your configuration beforehand with the latest internal build (LIB) available under your Telerik account to compare the results.

Kind regards,
Sebastian
the Telerik team
Do you want to have your say when we set our development plans? Do you want to know when a feature you care about is added or when a bug fixed? Explore the Telerik Public Issue Tracking system and vote to affect the priority of the items
Tags
Ajax
Asked by
Andrew Buxton
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Sebastian
Telerik team
Share this question
or