Upgrade to Nuget package Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core 2022.2.510 and now getting error "Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DotNet.InternalAbstractions"

1 Answer 815 Views
NumericTextBox
Donny
Top achievements
Rank 1
Donny asked on 17 May 2022, 08:33 PM

After updating a working .NET 5 project to .NET 6 and upgrading Nuget package Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core from 2021.2.511 to 2022.2.510, I am now receiving an error using IntegerTextBoxFor on an object property model. The error is

FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.DotNet.InternalAbstractions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=adb9793829ddae60'. The system cannot find the file specified.

Below are screen shots of:

1.  The exception
  2.  The Nuget packages 1.) From the .NET 5 working solution and 2.) from the .NET 6 solution that crashes.
  3. The line of code that causes the exception. Note that if I bind to a simple property instead of a complex object property, the error does not happen.

Nuget Package Telerik.UI.for.AspNet.Core

The Nuget package on the left is referencing version 2021.2.511. As you can see, that version includes a reference to the file that is causing the error, which is Microsoft.DotNet.InternalAbstractions. The package on the right is referencing the latest version 2022.2.510 and that package does not include the file that is causing the error.

@(Html.Kendo().IntegerTextBoxFor(x => x.Product.Odometer)
    .Min(0)
    .Culture(Localizer.CultureCode)
 )

If this file is still a dependency of that particular Telerik package, why is it missing? And please advise on how to fix this.

Thank You,
dbeard

1 Answer, 1 is accepted

Sort by
Mihaela
Telerik team
answered on 20 May 2022, 10:03 AM

Hi Donny,

Thank you for the detailed feedback, screenshots and code snippets.

Your assumption is correct - Microsoft.DotNet.InternalAbstractions assembly is missing in the latest Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core version (2022.2.510). This is a bug , and it is already logged in our Feedback portal, and it is currently in progress. You can follow the status here:

https://feedback.telerik.com/aspnet-core-ui/1565810-filenotfoundexception-exception-occurs-when-using-razor-runtime-compilation-in-asp-net-core-mvc-application

While the official fix is provided, install Microsoft.DotNet.InternalAbstractions NuGet package:

Аs a token of gratitude, I have updated the points in your Telerik account for the bug report.

If any questions arise, feel free to let me know.

Regards, Mihaela Progress Telerik

Virtual Classroom, the free self-paced technical training that gets you up to speed with Telerik and Kendo UI products quickly just got a fresh new look + new and improved content including a brand new Blazor course! Check it out at https://learn.telerik.com/.

Tags
NumericTextBox
Asked by
Donny
Top achievements
Rank 1
Answers by
Mihaela
Telerik team
Share this question
or