This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.

Upgrade to 2018 R3 issue

3 Answers 159 Views
General Discussions
This is a migrated thread and some comments may be shown as answers.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
David asked on 17 Oct 2018, 10:51 PM

Hi
I'm trying to upgrade my progress controls to 2018 R3 from 2018 R1.  I am using Angular 5.2.3

The issue is the LocalizationService isn’t getting injected into the tootltip directive.  

So this code is failing since localizationService is null 

this.dynamicRTLSubscription = this.localizationService.changes.subscribe(function(e) {
                    return t.direction = e.rtl ? "rtl" : "ltr"
                })

I noticed on the tooltip samples use Angular 6, so Im not sure if this could be a version issue.  The code worked fine with 2018 R1

Currently I am not immediately planning to upgrade to Angular 6 as I need to make several code modifications for the Rxjs library updates

Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks

3 Answers, 1 is accepted

Sort by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 18 Oct 2018, 03:26 PM

My bad .... the localizationService is defined, however there is no changes property tied to it... the service looks like this:

applicationRef: t {_zone: t, _console: t, _injector: t, _exceptionHandler: t, _componentFactoryResolver: t, …}
componentFactoryResolver: t {_parent: t, _ngModule: t, _factories: Map(15)}
container: null
injector: t {_moduleType: ƒ, _parent: t, _bootstrapComponents: Array(0), _def: {…}, _destroyListeners: Array(0), …}
rootViewContainer: (...)
rootViewContainerNode: (...)

So when it tries to subscribe above, the following error occurs:

ERROR TypeError: Cannot read property 'subscribe' of undefined

Dimiter Topalov
Telerik team
answered on 19 Oct 2018, 07:30 AM
Hi David,

In general, the Kendo UI for Angular packages do not follow the R1, R2... release plans, typical for the Kendo UI for jQuery suite, as all of them are separate NPM packages with their own life cycle and versioning. You can check out the latest versions of all packages and the respective major changes/fixes introduces with each version, in the Changes Log section of each package's documentation:

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/components/grid/changelog/

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/components/charts/changelog/

https://www.telerik.com/kendo-angular-ui/components/dropdowns/changelog/ ... etc.

All our packages support both Angular 6 (via rxjs-compat) and Angular 5 (rxjs 5.5+ is still required).

Please make sure that you are using the latest versions of our packages alongside RxJS 5.5+ (remove the package-lock.json file and the node_modules folder and run a clean npm install to ensure the latest versions are actually installed, sometimes cleaning the npm cache also proves necessary).

If the issue persists, can you please provide an isolated runnable project where it can be observed, so we can inspect it further, determine what might be causing it, and suggest a solution or log it for fixing? Thank you in advance.

Regards,
Dimiter Topalov
Progress Telerik
Get quickly onboarded and successful with your Telerik and/or Kendo UI products with the Virtual Classroom free technical training, available to all active customers. Learn More.
David
Top achievements
Rank 1
answered on 08 Nov 2018, 04:13 PM

Thank you Dimiter

Removing the node_modules folder on our build machine fixed it 

Tags
General Discussions
Asked by
David
Top achievements
Rank 1